Jira change issues creator

Tell me how you can change the creator of the request?xxxxx.jpg

1 answer

1 vote

You don't.  The creator is a special field that was introduced a while back because it can be important to know which user entered the issue.  The problem came about because JIRA has a "reporter", but people are able to change that - it's especially useful when you're entering issues on behalf of someone else.  The creator is intended to capture, literally what it says, the person who physically created the issue.  It should not be changed, and there's no good reason to want to change it. 

Also, it's mostly a field that you don't usually use a lot.  If you want to look at who asked for something (but may not be the person who created the issue), use Reporter.

You clearly have a low level of work with JIRA
The creator of the issues can be changed in database mysql or another easier way

Argh, NO

• You should not change the creator - there is no good reason for doing so, and you're destroying information that may be useful
  • You should never mess with a JIRA database, it's too easy to damage or destroy your installation

Could you please explain why you want to do this so we can guide you on using it properly?

Tell me where it is and how to change these settings in mysql? I can not understand how to work in the database

Don't touch the database, you will almost certainly get it wrong and damage or destroy your system.

Again, please explain why you are trying to destroy perfectly good information, and we may be able to help you do the right thing.

It demands leadership, the creators have issues that are not the people who work with these projects and tasks.

Is it possible to make through the Script Runner, or other plug-ins?

The creator is the person who enters the issue, so you are looking at botching completely the wrong thing.  Ignore creator, it's correct, it's valid and not important to you.

You need to be looking at the reporter and the assignee

I have a similar situation where I would like to change the issue creator.  In my situation I want a logged in user to be able to submit an improvement suggestion anonymously.  I can set the reporter to anonymous, but I cannot change the creator field, which continues to show up in the issue history tab (i.e. "username created issue - just now").  Is it possible to do in script runner or another plugin?  If not could I at least suppress the user name from the change history view on the history tab?  I have anonymous issue creation enabled, so they could log out and create the issue, but I would like to make it as easy as possible for them and not require them to log out.

My situation is, that our user creates an Accident Report for HR. Thats fine.

This issue will clones and link (groovy) to the security department without fields like name and reporter for privacy reasons. I can null the reporter but the creator is the user wo creates the initial accident report. I don't won't to have these information in the cloned task.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Tips on how to choose the best estimation method for your planning

Planning and grooming sessions all come with their own sets of rules. Team members meet to estimate stories or other work items, all according to an agreed-upon process. And with every session comes ...

76 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you