Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Cannot add comments to a ticket

Doh Jung I'm New Here Aug 11, 2022

Hi,

I have a question on a peculiar issue. When we link URLs to a jira ticket from another platform, I'm experiencing cases where users cannot add comments.

Comment window shows up and I am able to type comments as well but when I hit "Add" nothing gets added.

Issue only shows up when I click to open, not when I try right click and "Open Link in Another Tab".

I'm using Chrome and the external app where the URLs to the ticket is shown is called "Mode" (Data Analytics/Dashboarding tool)

Any thoughts on why this might be happening?

This is NOT a Jira permission related issue as I am able to leave comments on the same ticket if I copy the URL and try in a different window.

1 answer

0 votes
Summer.Hogan Community Leader Aug 12, 2022

@Doh Jung - take a look at this older post in the community. It may be due to a chrome extension issue - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Cannot-add-comment-in-JIRA-tickets/qaq-p/968745 

Doh Jung I'm New Here Aug 22, 2022

Thanks for the suggestion @Summer_Hogan! In my case, this does not seem to be the cause (Same set of extension in tabs opened from the Mode Dashboard and just opened in a new tab)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events