Cannot add comments to a ticket

Doh Jung August 11, 2022

Hi,

I have a question on a peculiar issue. When we link URLs to a jira ticket from another platform, I'm experiencing cases where users cannot add comments.

Comment window shows up and I am able to type comments as well but when I hit "Add" nothing gets added.

Issue only shows up when I click to open, not when I try right click and "Open Link in Another Tab".

I'm using Chrome and the external app where the URLs to the ticket is shown is called "Mode" (Data Analytics/Dashboarding tool)

Any thoughts on why this might be happening?

This is NOT a Jira permission related issue as I am able to leave comments on the same ticket if I copy the URL and try in a different window.

1 answer

0 votes
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2022

@Doh Jung - take a look at this older post in the community. It may be due to a chrome extension issue - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Cannot-add-comment-in-JIRA-tickets/qaq-p/968745 

Doh Jung August 22, 2022

Thanks for the suggestion @Summer_Hogan! In my case, this does not seem to be the cause (Same set of extension in tabs opened from the Mode Dashboard and just opened in a new tab)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events