Cannot add comment in JIRA tickets

Tsutomu Ono December 25, 2018

I have seen issues in adding comment on existing tickets in the last few days. Is this something other people experience as well?

• I cannot scroll down the page, so I cannot see the entire ticket. I tried with Chrome and Internet Explorer, so I don't think it's browser issue.
  • When I zoom out the page, I can see a bit more, but the past comments are not shown. I can only see the original description.
  • I can see "Click to add comment" box on the bottom, but I don't see the button to add or cancel the comment.

Thanks,

Ono

3 answers

2 votes
Jim Allen February 27, 2022

No answer, only reiterating the problem! We have the same issue here....intermittent comments unable to be added. An example this morning I added a simple comment to an issue; an hour later I try to add a 2nd comment and it hangs trying to add the comment (hanging indicated by a rotating circle at teh bottom of the Comments box).  Note that I can still go up and change fields at the top and they are saved correctly, but if try to leave the page,  I get the "Changes you made will be lost" message.  Weird - any ideas? 

William Powers May 23, 2023

We just started to experance this after updating to Data Center 9.8.1, did you ever come to a resolution on this?

0 votes
Ankit Mathur December 26, 2018

In my experience this could be due to the fact that you are using some add-in/extension in your chrome browser. For me, it was the Grammarly extension.

Can you try removing all extensions and then checking again?

Hopefully, I'm of help,
Ankit

Tsutomu Ono December 26, 2018

Hi Ankit,

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I didn't change any system settings on my PC, so it was not about my settings. I had the issue for the last 2 days continuously, but it was recovered this morning without any change in my environment. I believe it was system glitch and Atlassian fixed the issue.

Thanks,

Ono

Like Ansar Rezaei likes this
Ansar Rezaei
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2019

Same as here and I don't know  why it happens and it's remain

Like Al Lines likes this
RKT March 9, 2022

same issue for us

0 votes
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 25, 2018

HI @Tsutomu Ono

Check whether you have the issue comment permission for that project or not.

Tsutomu Ono December 25, 2018

Hi Yogesh, thanks for the comment.

I was able to comment on the ticket until last week. Some of operations like "Edit" seems still doable, so it doesn't seem the permission issue.

Thanks,

Ono

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 26, 2018

There is a special permission to comment issue. 

If you have edit issie permission, it does not mean that you have comment permission.

Hi Vasiliy,

Thanks for the comment. 

My point was that I didn't change anything. I was able to comment last week. Without changing anything, I couldn't comment this week for a few days. I'm able to comment  again today without changing anything. I'm pretty sure it was a system issue.

Thanks,

Ono

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 26, 2018

Lets start with answer to the quetstion: do you have comment issue permission?

You need admin permission for this. If you have it - use, if not - contact to your jira admin.

Second step - who have comment permission into this project.

And the final question - why did you lose this permission.

More one option: perhaps this iisue is open for anonimous access, but not or comment. Check if logged in and logged with you login.

Yes, I have the permission.

The problem was that I wasn't able to comment even with permission for some period. I believe it was system glitch and was resolved.

Suggest an answer