Can you assign color assignment to custom dropdown list?

Ray Balmeo Cagayon April 9, 2024

I have four statuses on my custom fields drop down list. I want to see a different color for each value when showing the status on the dashboard.

Not Started

On Track

At Risk

Delayed

3 answers

2 votes
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2024

Hello @Ray Balmeo Cagayon ~ I've done this in Data Center but haven't tried in Cloud.  In Data Center, you have to first enable HTML in field descriptions (via General Configuration screen).

Capture.PNG

Then using this as a guide, set your select list options accordingly. 

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Ray Balmeo Cagayon April 10, 2024

@Laurie Sciutti ,

I am getting my admin team to take a look at it. Thanks for the reply.

Like Laurie Sciutti likes this
0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 10, 2024

Hi @Ray Balmeo Cagayon

if you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, you may want to have a look at the app that my team and I are working on, JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. It also comes with a number of advanced features, including support for (configurable) issue hierarchies, issue grouping by any issue field(s), sum-ups, or conditional formatting

With conditional formatting, you can configure conditions on your issue fields, and if a condition is matched, set the background and/or text colour of either the entire row or just a particular cell - meaning that you can model a view like e.g. this in just a couple of clicks:

custom-status-conditional-formatting.gif

As you can see, this view is fully interactive, meaning that you can work on your issues directly in JXL (but also trigger various operations in Jira, or export your data to CSV or Excel in just a click).

Any questions just let me know,

Best,

Hannes

0 votes
Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2024

Hi @Ray Balmeo Cagayon 

are you actually talking about a custom field or are you referring to the Jira Status? Maybe provide a screenshot for some clarity.

If you want to customize Custom fields, you will most likely will need Marketplace Apps like ScriptRunner. If you only want a different layout for the Dashboard it depends on the Gadgets used.

Ray Balmeo Cagayon April 10, 2024

@Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_ ,

I am referring to a custom field.  I want that Custom field to have some color codes to have better visualization on at risk tools.

image.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events