Can we send individual ticket's notification once SLA reaches certain time?

Pooja Singh September 7, 2020

Hi,

I was looking for a solution similar to what we get through filter subscriptions but not for collection of tickets at once.

I want it to happen for each ticket and the notification should be sent out to assignee, manager role and watchers.

The default automation for doing this is also one of the way but since it only has "60 minutes remaining", "30 minutes remaining", "breached". I wanted to use JQL feature for getting SLA time spent.

For example : 

"Time to resolution" <= remaining("15m")

OR

"Time to resolution" >= remaining("8h")

Is there a workaround for achieving this? Either by configuration or scripting.

Thanks in advance,

Pooja

3 answers

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2021

Hi @Pooja Singh

If you are still looking for the jira automation triggers for SLAs, take a look at this video tutorial in this post: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management-articles/JSM-Jira-Automation-How-to-Send-SLA-Breached-Notifications/ba-p/1894625

Regards

0 votes
Faith Nyamande _Snapbytes_ September 8, 2020

Hi @Pooja Singh,

Time to SLA is a great app for this. It allows you to send individual notifications once an SLA reaches a certain time. 

You can configure notifications for each SLA so that you are notified for each specific SLA, rather than for a collection of tickets at once. Within Time to SLA, you can also choose the recipients that you would like to send notifications to (i.e. assignee, reporter, specific project roles, groups, etc).

You'll have the freedom to set your own notification rules for each SLA, as you can type a specific value into the “Notify Before” field e.g. 3h 45m, 1d 2h 30m. If you want to send a notification after an SLA has been breached, then you can type a minus in the value (e.g. -3h 45m). And you can also set recurring notifications until an SLA is met.

As well as email notifications, Time to SLA also sends Slack messages if this is something that you and your team utilise.

Kind regards,

Faith

0 votes
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2020

Hey @Pooja Singh, I'm pretty positive you can use add-ons to achieve this. For example, Automation for Jira has an "SLA threshold breached" rule that addresses this condition for you plus sends emails/notifications. Which add-ons/apps do you currently have?

Pooja Singh September 8, 2020

Hey hi @Ivan Lima

I have scriptrunner and JSU  and few reporting add-ons.

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2020

Hi @Pooja Singh, you can certainly implement this with SR4J, I'm not sure about JSU though. Take a look at this answer. Perhaps, Escalation Services could be an option in this case. You can add a comment as an "additional issue actions" and the default notification scheme would take care of the notifications. I like this approach better sot that you can get the benefit of commenting on the ticket and leverage the default notification as well.

There are probably other implementations for this where you can use the Jira Service Desk events to access the ongoing SLA data. I'm interested in seeing how people have scripted similar use cases with JSD events.

Cheers,

IL.

Suggest an answer