It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can't find roadmap feature in Jira Cloud Edited

Hi,

I just created a new instance of JIRA to test the roadmap feature into a Scrum project but I can't find Project settings > Features to enable the feature.

Someone can help me with that?

Thanks,

jira-project-settings.PNG

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello,

You created a classic project not a next-gen project. You should create a next-gen project

You are welcome!

And how would the new roadmap feature become available if you are already running a classic project?

It is not available for a classic project. You need to create a next-gen project.

makes sense - and my current classic project, would it be possible to migrate to the next-gen one? And what would be the pros/cons in such a migration?

Hi there

We are running so many classic projects - controlled by 2 admins - we would need all these fancy improvements in the classic projects as well. 

What about that?

Is there somewhere a roadmap available for the  Jira classic procucts as well - I only can find a atlassians roadmap for next gen projects.

Best regards, Michael.

Like Janus Askø Madsen likes this

I agree Michael! Would love to have the roadmap feature on the classic project version! 

I agree. 

this could be great on "classic projects" also, or to benefit a way to turn a "classic" to a next-gen projecT. 

Like Janus Askø Madsen likes this

Any news regarding roadmaps in "classic projects"?

Hey guys, thanks for shedding some light on this.

What is the difference between a classic project and a next gen project? Indeed we don't want to recreate all our ongoing projects in Jira as it might create a mess in our sprints...

Cheers, 
Angus

Proceed with Caution! There is a huge difference in classic vs next-gen projects. For me the next-gen showstopper was the fact that once a sprint is completed you are no longer able to access the stories from that sprint. There are many more differences but that is not the purpose of this thread.

Also would like to see the Roadmap feature for Classic projects.

As the time tracking feature isn't available for the Net Gen projects we can only use Classics.

Alternatively please enable time tracking for Next Gen projects...

Can anyone with creating a Next-Gen project. I already have two projects in JIRA

I'm really surprised by this limitations. I created my project only a while ago and didn't even know about this limitations. And now I saw the roadmap feature advertised and had so search for long to find this thread telling me that I can't use it. That's a really frustrating and sad experience. I think there needs to be an option to convert/migrate classic to next-gen projects. And besides the roadmap view I really don't see the difference between classic and next-gen.

Hi,

Currently because of the limitations listed below among other things it is not possible for us to migrate from classic to next-gen. Not the end of the world for now, but I hope to see in the future either improved migration or most of main new features added to both type of projects.

Regards,

Steve 

-----------------

Things to keep in mind if you migrate from classic to next-gen

Next-gen projects and classic projects are technically quite different, so a few things can break when you migrate from a classic software project to a next-gen software project. For example:

• Epic links and issue links: Any issue links in your classic project will not exist in your next-gen project. The issues themselves will still exist, but the links between them won't.

• Subtasks: All subtasks will be lost in this migration process.

• Custom fields: These must be recreated in your new next-gen project.

• Story points estimation: This data will be lost, however you'll be able to start using story points estimation by enabling the Estimation feature in your next-gen project.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

303 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you