Can't be logged in to two cloud JIRA accounts at the same time

I do work for several different companies. Many of these companies use cloud hosted JIRA.

I have to login to each company's JIRA account using a different user account, because these companies have nothing to do with each other. This is expected.

So far so good, right?

Not so good - because cloud JIRA won't let me stay logged into more than one account at a time.

So every time I try to look at a JIRA issue, if the previously viewed JIRA issue belonged to a different company, then the attempt fails with "wrong account".

Then I have to "try a different account" which means logging out and logging back in. This turns an already kind-of slow JIRA web experience into a truly glacial one.

Why can't I be logged into multiple cloud hosted JIRA accounts at once? Like the way Google allows you to be logged into multiple Google accounts at once (which I depend on for the analgous capability with these customers).

2 answers

0 votes

Hi Archie,

A basic answer to this quesitons is because two separate Cloud instances have 2 different sets of users.  There is more information in Can I manage two Atlassian Cloud subscriptions with the same email address? and Does Jira no longer allow multiple users with same email address?

Hopefully this helps.

Branden

Thanks.

I don't care about using the same email address - currently these accounts are using different addresses.

So what are you saying exactly... is there a way for me to stay logged in to more than one OnDemand instance at the same time?

Shadi Isa I'm New Here Sep 13, 2017

Is there an answer to this question? I also have 2 JIRA accounts on 2 different JIRA cloud instances (different companies) and every time I need to switch between its a hassle, logout and login... Can't JIRA identify my correct account based on the URL?!

Thanks,

Shadi

I have the same problem and it is infuriating to constantly switch between accounts. Please fix it.

0 votes

I also have the same issue, but since this has been going on for so long, I am using a workaround until they figure out a way to fix it. 

My preferred way is to use Chrome browser and open a second incognito window (ctrl+shift+n) and open the second instance of JIRA (or other Atlassian product) there. It will let you have them both logged in at the same time. I guess other browsers will have an equivalent.

The second option is to use 2 browsers. you get the same effect but you will not be using your favorite browser half the time. 

I hope this helps. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,870 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot