Stay logged in in two cloud instances with two different google accounts

Jochen Rau August 24, 2017

I would like to stay logged in into two different cloud jira/confluence instances with two different emailaddresses (via google login). 

On google it is no issue to select which google ID I want to use for the page I am on, while Atlassian seems to only be able to handle one at a time. 

How can I resolve this? 

Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 25, 2017

Hello Jochen,

The only way to accomplish this would be to log in via two separate browsers. Otherwise, you could use Incognito or Private browsing, but then when you close that window, you will be logged out.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Bruno Miretti August 28, 2017

Hi, if you use Firefox, you can also use different profiles then you can stay logged in.

See: Use the Profile Manager to create and remove Firefox profiles

Then you create 2 different shortcuts for example like these ones:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -no-remote -p default

and

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -no-remote -p AtWork

Hope this helps

0 votes
Claudia Michelbach December 1, 2020

The official Atlassian answer is from three years ago; is there a more flexible solution is the meantime?

Bruno Miretti December 1, 2020

Hi Claudia, I'm still using 2 Firefox profiles to achieve this, this works well. That's what I explained on August 28th 2017. Doing so I can edit my pages in one Firefox instance and see what it does either as anonymous user or as another user in the 2nd one without having to disconnect/reconnect my main account. From what I see, it's also possible with Chrome but I've not tried as I'm not fond of Google everywhere "watching you".

0 votes
Gautam March 28, 2020

This is a particularly unfortunate reality because one of the reason I enjoy using the Jira macOS/iOS app is the ability to hot-switch from one cloud instance to another.  Problem is currently we have an editing problem for issues which makes it less than ideal. 

Suggest an answer