It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Could I use my own domain on JIRA Cloud?

I wanna setup my domain on JIRA Cloud, but I didn't find documentation about it. How could I do it?

4 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Alessia,

There is no way to do it right now. :/ Look that issue:https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CLOUD-6999

To do it, you need migrate to Server version.

Regards,
Lameck. 

seems like a basic feature that Atlassian should add.

Like # people like this

I think that the important of being able to run under custom domain was underestimated by Atlasssian. Lots of companies would just not go this way just for this reason alone.

Being able to use custom domain also means that users should be able to migrate from hosted to self-hosted without alienating their users.

Like # people like this

Why don't you just add it. How hard can it be to add a darn cname feature? My company is not part of Atlassian. Just add custom domains like for example netlify etc. 

+1

Of course we want to benefit from the Cloud offering while providing a custom url to our partners!

This would be greatly beneficial for us at MWEB as well. 

+1

Like Shao Wei Choy likes this

+1

+1. please make it available

+1. please make it available

Any progress with this so far? If there's a community forum with specific requests, maybe the vendor could listen and develop the features requested in some years time?

Same needed here too. We cannot run from atlassian's domain forever, and moving back to self hosted version in 2019 is not an option.

No, this request has nothing to do with the link you shared.

That link is about allowing specific domains of the email addresses that can register/login on your Atlassian products.

Like # people like this

We are evaluating ServiceDesk.  We liked ServiceDesk because of its integration with Jira.

However, we will most likely go with another provider instead because of just one feature --- custom domain URLs. 

I can see requests for this feature going as far back as 2014.

Can't fathom why Atlassian has not fixed it in more than 5 years!

Do you mind sharing which other provider did you choose? Thanks

Like # people like this

We're on Freshdesk only for the custom https domains. The moment JSD has custom domains we'll be over. Freshdesk has it's good points, but quality and attention to detail aren't two of them. The spam control is dire, as well.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

344 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you