Can We hide a custom field until status reach completed....?

Anwar basha December 16, 2021

i have some workflow statuses in that when issue transition to completed then show the custom field

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2021

@Anwar basha

I found an answer to a similar question here https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/How-to-show-custom-field-in-specific-statuses-only-hide-the-rest/qaq-p/1816591

Where @Taranjeet Singh  suggested to:

"Create your new custom field and add it only to the Transition screens (linked to the transitions that lead to Declined and Declined by Investee statuses in the Epic workflow). Also make that field required on the transition screens (possibly, using a out-of-the-box validator on these transitions)

This way, the field will be captured while declining the Epic and will have a value displayed on the view screen after that. (I am assuming bothe Declined and Declined by Trustee are the last statusus (i.e. 'Done' category statuses) of the Epic workflow and it cannot be reopened after that)."

Anwar basha December 16, 2021

Thank you! Nikki Zavadska_jexo_

0 votes
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2021

Thank you, @Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_ for referring to my solution! It is great to see that it was helpful for other community members.

Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 16, 2021

🙏 Thank YOU for writing the answer for this :)

Like Taranjeet Singh likes this

Suggest an answer