Can Service Requests be converted to JIRA tickets?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote

Service requests are already created as JIRA tickets. Only agents can work on them. And you also have automation where you can create linked developer tickets which can then be added to your work backlog. Developers can then work on those tickets and the changes will reflect on the agent tickets.

Depending on what level you want to take it to, JIRA SD has some cool features. 

Thank you, Jobin!

We are a controls system (Building Management System) integrator and have 100+ customers and 20+ service technicians. I am trying to figure out a solution for having each technician have their own JIRA account and manage their tickets at each building (customer account) they work at, while having the customer be able to see select aspects of the status and detail of each issue.

It sounds like this is possible without having each service technician have a Service Desk account?

That's right. You will still need some agents, depending on how you want to do the automation but you can get away with normal JIRA accounts for the technicians. 

Checkout https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/automating-your-service-desk-732528900.html for some details.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

102 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you