Can I disable Assign to me option?

Katya Godneva August 27, 2017

Hello, everyone. Here is my thing. I strongly dislike any ing of ambiguity - and this often happends at JIRA.

For example: can I disable "assign to me" option? It really like appears twice on the same screen, which is bad usability by our standarts.

Thans in advance for any remark!

assign to me option.png

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2017

Assign and assign-to-me are two different functions here, so it's not "bad usability" as they're different.

Katya Godneva August 28, 2017

Well, as far as I can see, they are the same as "assign" contains within itself "Assign to me" option, see:

assigntomeneedtodisable.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 28, 2017

No, they are different.  Assign asks you for a user to assign.  Assign to me is a shortcut to stop you needing to select yourself from the list.

Katya Godneva August 28, 2017

OK, let it be shortcut :)

Do you know by any chance, can I disable it somehow (the shortcut).

I don't need my second-tier support to take issues before the first-tier anyway.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 28, 2017

You would have to hack the template that renders this screen.

Suggest an answer