Can I disable Assign to me option?

Hello, everyone. Here is my thing. I strongly dislike any ing of ambiguity - and this often happends at JIRA.

For example: can I disable "assign to me" option? It really like appears twice on the same screen, which is bad usability by our standarts.

Thans in advance for any remark!

assign to me option.png

1 answer

0 vote

Assign and assign-to-me are two different functions here, so it's not "bad usability" as they're different.

Well, as far as I can see, they are the same as "assign" contains within itself "Assign to me" option, see:

assigntomeneedtodisable.png

No, they are different.  Assign asks you for a user to assign.  Assign to me is a shortcut to stop you needing to select yourself from the list.

OK, let it be shortcut :)

Do you know by any chance, can I disable it somehow (the shortcut).

I don't need my second-tier support to take issues before the first-tier anyway.

You would have to hack the template that renders this screen.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

Meet the AUG leaders of Northern Virginia

@Rachel Wright (Jira Genie), @Billy Poggi (AUG NOVA, DC), and @Dana Jansen (Confluence Queen) are just some of the folks that lead one of the world's most active Atlassian User Group (AUG)....

121 views 4 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you