Can I create a queue to show who has not approved a change

Sara Groves November 17, 2016

We have multiple people who have to approve a change so i want to create a queue or a filter which shows me who hasn't approved it.  I know i can see which changes are pending approval but i want the persons name who hasn't approved it.  If you cant do it through the GUI can you tell me what table in the database would show this.  I can see the Change Approvers field in CustomFields table and I can see who is meant to approve the change in CustomFieldValue but not whether they have approved it or not.  Please can you help.

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2016

Sara,

i have just recently set up a project that requires approvals (two levels) and haven't had much experience with this. However, Approvals = pending() does seem to provide the approvers that are outstanding. You need to display the Approvers field/column. I did note however, in my case anyway, the filter results includes those issues that were declined or resolved which i find odd. So I simply modified the JQL to Approvals = pending() and status not in (declined, resolved).

Hope this helps.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2016

ah...now i know why the declined/resolved show as pending approval. it is simply because no approver was added when ticket created and the agent simply worked around the approval via a third-transition. So i think the first JQL should work. Keep me posted on your experience.

Thanks for your suggestion Jack.  i too have created a queue with Approvals = pending() and included the Approvers field which shows me all the people who need to approve but ideally I'd also like to see a list of the approvers who haven't approved it.  The reason being we can easily see who is left to approve it and chase them up rather than having to look in to each change itself.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 17, 2016

Got it. I haven't found a means of doing that and in fact my current use case/implementation doesn't require it as it is more of a 1:1 approval. I created two approval statuses. The step is to get approval from 'manager' and if approved it automatically transitions to 'cfo' for approval. I looked further into this to see if there was an existing support request but did not find one. It seems like a useful suggestion for sure so you may wish to open a ticket w/ Atlassian.

Thanks Jack - I appreciate your help!

Suggest an answer