Can I block a specific sender from open the cases using mail requests

Amr Atef
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 6, 2020

I have an ads mail, so I need to block its address from creating cases on Jira as I open the email requests.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2020

Hi Amr,

On the Jira end, you could consider modifying your incoming mail handler to accept emails only from registered users. If the ad email address doesn't have an account in Jira, no issue will be created. The downside of this is that other addresses you might want to create issues from won't be able to anymore either.

I would actually suggest handling this at your email provider's level. Could you set up a rule that moves messages from that address to a folder that Jira doesn't pull from? Or perhaps unsubscribe from the ad emails entirely? If those emails are not in the the folder that Jira's mail handler is pulling messages from (either because you unsubscribed or have a rule set up in your mail service to move them to another folder when they arrive), then Jira won't pick up the messages in the first place.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events