Bulk operation for field configuration

Hi,

is it possible to perform a bulk operation for custom field configuration or enable/disable fields in field configuration scheme.

I have a lot of custom fields which have a global context and are applicable for all issue types. That fields I will need for two actual project but I won't edit every single field for future projects or issue types. Another problem is that that fields appear as enabled in field configuration schemes of earlier projects. Disable every single field in four schemes will make me sick. ;) It would be great to have a chace for a bulk operation.

BR

Stefan

4 answers

Hi Peter,

No worries I found a Quick'n'Dirty solution. I opened the configuration screens of my custom fields in separate tabs in browser. So I didn't have the break for reloading the browser screen.

Same for the field configuration screen. I held the control key when I clicked on hide, it opened the refreshed screen in a new tab and I didn't have to wait for refresh every time. It's not beautiful but it worked. ;)

Cheers

Stefan

Tarun Sapra Community Champion Jan 28, 2014

Not sure "custom fields in separate tab" whether it's "found a Quick'n'Dirty solution" but it's pretty obvious for sure ;)

I just wrote a plugin for that - as soon as I wrote the documentation it will be released (at first free of charge)

Hi Stefan,

I'm sorry but there is no bulk configuration option for field configurations.

Best regards,

Peter

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-25189 is a suggestion to implement this but unfortunately it's closed due to the fact that "it didn't get enough traction". sad

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

422 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you