Bug routing issues from backlog to issuefinder

Max Goessens May 10, 2023

Dear all,

Whenever I try to select multiple issues on product backlog,  click on the three dots of one of the issues, click on lookup in issue search, it routes me too the issue page with shows the full list of issues instead of the subset I selected. I believe this is a bug, since it worked this way before. Now there is no way I can mass delete my old issues... Is there someone who can help me? I cannot report a bug for some reason, it's quite a hassle.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Max

2 answers

0 votes
JM Perrot
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2023

So the first step is correct :

Screenshot 2023-05-10 at 11.41.06.png

After that I did the thing differently : right click on one issue :

Screenshot 2023-05-10 at 11.41.21.png

And for the third step I was good :

Screenshot 2023-05-10 at 11.41.44.png

0 votes
JM Perrot
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2023

Dear @Max Goessens 

Firstly welcome to the community!

If I understand correctly, you want to remove many issues at once. These issues are selected based on their age and resolution, I assume. So I suggest you create a filter to select your subset and go through bulk changing (if you are allowed to bulk change and delete issues).

Let me know if it's clear and convenient 

Regards,

JM

Hey JM,

Thanks for your quick reply. You are correct that I want to bulk remove some issues. However, normally I could select the subset in the backlog and view these issues in the issue finder. Here I could bulk remove them. But now it routes me to a new window without my selected items.. Prior to this day, this worked for me.

Cheers,

Max

So, basically, when I go to the backlog and select 2 or more issues. Click the three dots, and select the action of viewing the issues in the issuefinder, it won't show the selected issues..

I changed to language to English:

Steps to reproduce:

1. I make a sub selection of issues in the backlog (ctrl + left mouse button)

2. I click the three dots on the right side of the title bar of one of the issues

3. I select: view in issue search

4. Issue navigator opens, however without showing the subset I made..

Is there any way to fix this? I do not wish to make a subset through filtering (defining age or any other value) because I have to manually look at the titles of all the issues to see if they are relevant. Hence, I go through the backlog selecting the issues I wish to bulk delete though ctrl-clicking. Thanks in advance!

JM Perrot
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2023

So the first step is correct :

Screenshot 2023-05-10 at 11.41.06.png

After that I did the thing differently : right click on one issue : 

Screenshot 2023-05-10 at 11.41.21.png

And for the third step I was good :

Screenshot 2023-05-10 at 11.41.44.png

Following exactly these steps,

image.png

(can't show the results due to confidentiality) 

But, I end up with a list of all the issues available within my company :( 

Bugged I suppose?

JM Perrot
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2023

Yes I think so, maybe you should create a ticket to the Atlassian support :

Atlassian Support 

I don't see an obvious solution and like you said, if it worked before, it is probably a bug.

But if you want to continue to make your bulk change, you can go through the advanced search and select your issues here.

Comparing our pictures, I believe I am missing some features. Like: ability to bulk change from the backlog.

JM Perrot
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2023

Maybe the problem is linked with the fact that your project is a team-managed project and not a company-managed project. Check if the feature "Issue navigator" is enable.

It is a new project or you have the possibility to do this changes in this project before ?

And of course you have to get the permission to make bulk change (Settings -> System -> Global Permissions -> Make Bulk Change)

And you have to get the right to delete issues (project settings but I don't believe you can access to this menu in a Team Managed project)

Like Georges SF likes this

The feature "issue navigator" is enabled! And yes, it is a team managed project. It's not new, over 2 years old.

I can't change any settings, only the project settings image.png

JM Perrot
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2023

Ok, after some testing and research, making mass changes from the backlog was an old feature and Atlassian has removed this possibility

To make your mass changes, the easiest way is to enable "Issue Navigator" in your features and make your mass changes from there (select the right subset with the filter and apply your change) or go through the advanced search. There is no way to make mass changes from the next gen backlog:

How do I do a bulk move within next-gen backlog from "Backlog" to "Board"? 

Bulk edit issues in backlog 

You can select your ticket in the JQL search by their key (key in (XX-1, XX-142, XX-12) for example)

Like Georges SF likes this
Max Goessens May 11, 2023

Hi JM,

Is there no other possibilty where I can multi select issues to bulk change? That doesn't make any sense. The issue navigator only makes subsets based on the input I give.  I cannot make a selection by multi-selecting them in the issue finder. Not really a solution when you want to make your decision based on the theme or title of an issue. That means the only real option is to manually remove each issue individually? I hope they come up with a fix for this someday..

Max Goessens May 11, 2023

Do you know how to get in contact with technical support? I still believe this feature is bugged. Selecting multiple issues in the backlog and clicking the action "view in issuenavigator" does not route to the selected issues. I believe it should at least show the selected issues, not the rest. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events