Best way to make 'groups' in projects

Blommetje May 12, 2014

Hi,

we work with several clients and all projects are logged in Jira Ondemand. However, I do not want Company A to see projects From Company B. And vice versa.

What is the best way to create three (for now) groups with people and give these people ONLY access to their projects?

Also, in line of this, I have 1 project that has an email handler. This is open for everyone since everyone in the company (250+) are allowed to send in tickets. But not all people have an account (budgetwise/no need for it). But somewhere in time I opened this project for the whole world, which is .. well Undesirable:) Is there a way to lock this project for people with a working email handler?

Many thanks!

Blommetje

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2014

You have to create a permission scheme with "Browse" access defined for a selected project role. Then go to the projects and only the desired people/groups in that role for the selected project.

It applies even to the email handler project as well although in that case you might want to use all JIRA users (with an account) instead of opening it to everyone.

Suggest an answer