Automation rule to create automatic tickets triggered by a comment does not work

Sari May 16, 2022

Hello! 

I would like to create an automation rule in the my board (FL2) so that , when I create a story with the comment "iOS tickets", a task is automatically created in the iOS board and It is also linked to the story. 

Story in FL2 board ---> comment "iOS tickets" ----> task create in the iOS board (in status "new"). 

Unfortunatly this automation doesn not work, is there an error in the order?

Screenshot_1.png

Can anyone help me ?

Thank you in advance!

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2022

Hi @Sari 

If you are trying to link the trigger issue and the newly created one, your rule is missing a branch...otherwise the rule is trying to link the trigger issue to itself.  For example:

• trigger: issue commented
  • condition: check the comment with JQL
  • action: create the new task
  • branch: on most recently created issue
    • action: link to the trigger issue

And also: are the trigger and new issue in the same or different projects?  If they are in different projects, this will need to be a global/multi-project scope rule.

Kind regards,
Bill

Sari May 18, 2022

Hi @Bill Sheboy , Thanks, I solved the issue! 

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Dan Tombs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2022

Hi @Sari

Can you confirm the workflow please. I would like to see if new is the first status for the new ticket.

Sari May 16, 2022

Hi @Dan Tombs , Sure: 

2.png3.png

Dan Tombs
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 16, 2022

@Sari

So with the 'new' status being the first, you wont need to include this in the automation. It will automatically go there. You can also include the link issue action as part of the create ticket action. This is sort of best practice to keep all items part of the creation together. It also keeps the rule looking cleaner.

In regards to the error exactly. If you click on audit log it should show you where it has failed. If you click on the show more and send a screenshot we can talk about the particular errors.

Dan

Sari May 18, 2022

Thanks @Dan Tombs , I have excluded the rule about the status and I solved the problem, now It works, thanks!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events