Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Automation copy value from a custom field

In our situation, the user is not allowed to set the priority in the portal via the Jira Priority field, but is given a different custom e field single select list where a subset of the Jira priorities are provided.

On issue creation, I am doing an automation rule to copy the user set value from the custom field to the Jira Priority field.

In the edit issue action, unless I'm mistaken I can choose the custom field to copy the value from, but I only get 'Copy priority from current issue'. I chosen Priority as the field to set, but instructing the action from where to copy the value from i'm not seeing.

Do I need to do the value change via JSON in the More Options JSON text are? If so, could you please give me a clue of how to do this because my JSON did not work (invalid JSON error), which currently is:

{"fields":
{"Priority": "{{triggerissue.fields.customfield__10259.id}}"
}
}

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill Community Leader Jan 25, 2023

Hello @AldoCauchiSavona 

You don't need to use JSON for this. Simply start typing in the smart value for the source field.

Screen Shot 2023-01-25 at 10.31.34 AM.png

After typing in the smart value you need to click on the space below the field where it says Smart value '{{ to get it to actually keep the smart value you entered.

I get no option to set the field as a text, what i get is like this, or as Set where I m given a list of priorities to choose from.

Screenshot 2023-01-26 085639.png

Trudy Claspill Community Leader Jan 26, 2023

You need to click on the ... and choose SET.

Screen Shot 2023-01-26 at 8.37.28 AM.png

That will change the display to something like this, showing an actual Priority value.

Screen Shot 2023-01-26 at 8.38.43 AM.png

Then click in the field where the priority value (i.e. Highest) is shown and the full list of values will display.

Screen Shot 2023-01-26 at 8.39.38 AM.png

Then start typing the smart value.

Screen Shot 2023-01-26 at 8.40.39 AM.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events