Automation Rule in Service Desk (Quote Issue Key)

Etienne Janse van Rensburg May 30, 2019

I have configured an auto reply that would go out to my customers, once a ticket has been resolved and closed, but i'd like to have the issue key indicated in the reply.
How can i accomplish this, by not using the automation for jira add-on?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2019

Hello @Etienne Janse van Rensburg 

No need for add-on JSD has this by default.

Go to your project settings 

Customer notification

Request resolved rule edit

There you can customize your replay for customers, chose "Insert variable" any choose issue key, you can edit the layout.

Check the screenshot

Issue key.PNG

BR, Olga

Etienne Janse van Rensburg May 31, 2019

Good day @Olga Videc 

Thank you.
So what i have done, i have configured the "Request resolved" default rule with my custom message.
Now, i have created a SLA so i could create a automation rule to set the resolved ticket to close when a customer has not commented on the resolved ticket.
So in that rule i have created, i need to be able to populate the issue key.
I have tried to insert a few different syntax (ex. ${issue.key} , but my customer then would receive the message as issue.key

tempsnip.png

Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2019

Hello 

That is a comment limitation, check the link.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/How-to-access-Issue-Properties-in-comment-added-with-Automation/qaq-p/882085

You can implement this using Jira automation plugin.

OR 

You can send an email after or instead of comment and in basic jira automation in then section.

You can edit custom email and add issue.key there.

BR, Olga

Etienne Janse van Rensburg May 31, 2019

hi @Olga Videc 

thank you very much for the info.

Like Olga Videc likes this

Suggest an answer