Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access Issue Properties in comment added with Automation

Bianca Tirlea September 4, 2018

Hello,

I am using the standard JIRA automation to add a predefined comment when the issue is transitioned from status New to In Work.

I am trying to reference some issue properties inside this comment: Issue Reporter (display name), Issue Summary, Issue Key, Issue created, some Issue custom fields,  but can't find any documentation on how to do this properly.

Does anyone know the correct syntax for referencing Issue Properties/Fields/Custom fields inside comments added with Automation?

Thanks,
Bianca

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 4, 2018

Hello Bianca,

This functionality is not available for the standard Automation of JIRA Service Desk, however, you can implement it by using the plugin Automation for JIRA (300 free executions/month)

Here's the documentation of the fields reference:

Docs Automation for JIRA

Bianca Tirlea September 5, 2018

Hi,

thanks a lot, now it all makes sense. We were actually testing the Automation for JIRA plugin as an alternative and will install the full version :)

Bianca.

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 5, 2018

You are welcome, Bianca.

Have a nice day!

Dina Abdelhakam October 17, 2018

Hello There could you tell me how to use this plugin ??

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
October 17, 2018

Hello Dina,

Can you please tell us where are you facing difficulties to use the plugin? The way you configure it is very intuitive, however, for some functionalities, it can be challenging.

Can you please tell us what are you trying to achieve?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events