Automatically trigger status change based on a status matching for all children

Dominique Heinelt January 14, 2020

Hey,

we have support issues where we can link to  multiple development issues. Now we wanted to create an automation rule which basically just sets the support issues on done when ALL linked issues are also on done.

We tried several things but it seems that the available condition only works for the one specific linked issue (that triggered the automation) and not for all.

We also stumbled across this issue: How do I automatically trigger a status change on a parent issue 

There is shown how it used to work, but in our current Jira Cloud version, the whole page looks a bit different and we also doesnt have an option like "All match specified JQL".

Was this option removed or where can I find it in the current version?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Lenin Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 14, 2020

Hi @Dominique Heinelt 

Are you using "Automation for Jira" or "Automation for Jira - Cloud Lite"?

Dominique Heinelt January 14, 2020

I'm not sure, but I guess neither of these. The parent issue is in a "classic service desk" project. And there is an built in "Automation" Tab in the project settings, which is the one we tried this with.

Like # people like this
Veera
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 14, 2020

@Dominique Heinelt ,

Built-in 'Automation' in a Jira Service Desk is not capable of doing what you are looking for.

The article you are referring to is related to Automation for Jira add-on. You need to install the add-on and enable it at your JSD project to use the add-on features.

Like # people like this
dtvmedia January 14, 2020

Ah ok I didn't saw that this was an extra addon. Thanks for clearing that up. I will look into it.

Like Veera likes this

Suggest an answer