Attachments using ProForma

Mike
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 8, 2022

Hi all,

If I'm understanding correctly, ProForma does not have an attachment option, however I see many people posting about Jira injecting an attachment field directly above the ProForma form. 

Mine doesn't have this.

I would like to have that field directly above the form.

Does anyone know what Jira settings need to be changed to make it appear?

Thank you

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2022

Hi @Mike welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The attachment field is Jira's system field, not related to Forms.

In order to display the attachment field, you need to add it to your request type.

As the attachment field is not part of the form, it is displayed separately in the request form.

Clement Tshivhase September 1, 2022

Hi @Dave Mathijs ,

Are there any plans at Atlassian to include the attachment field as one of the available fields on a Proforma form?

Regards

Clement

Like Shaun Smith likes this
Shaun Smith September 15, 2022

You may want to follow this thread where it's been asked for and apparently added to their backlog, but no news from anyone that is currently working with proforma under atlassian.

Like Clement Tshivhase likes this
0 votes
Ben Gallant June 30, 2023

FYI all you peeps... the attachment field is now available in Forms!! You just need to remove it from the Request Type page, and put it on the Form wherever you want it. It works great :) 

I'm on Jira Cloud. Not sure if this applies to Server or Data Center. 

Thanks, Atlassian team!

klindau
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 25, 2023

Hi Ben, can you please explain how that should work? 

fishern October 4, 2023

on the request type screen you would remove the 'Attachment' field from the user view. Save the request type and then open the form you wish to add the Attachment field too. It should now be present to add under the 'Add Field' option at the very bottom of the list in Other Fields. 

0 votes
David Berclaz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2022

Hi @Mike

Welcome to Atlassian Community. While waiting for the ProForma attachment field, you have the option to use File Field available on Jira Server/DC.

Here is more information about attachment fields on all Jira distributions:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-discussions/Attachment-fields-in-Jira-Service-Management-Server-Data-Center/td-p/2115407

Let me know if you need any help.

Cheers,

David

Suggest an answer