Is there a way to move the attachment field in proforma?

Jennifer Volpe March 26, 2019

Is there a way to move the attachment field in proforma? I would prefer it to be at the bottom of the form, not the first thing that is seen. I attached a picture to show what I am talking about, thank you! Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 5.14.01 PM.png

10 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Lachlan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2019

Hey there @Jennifer Volpe 

Thanks for reaching out with this. The attachment field is actually not supported by ProForma. What you're seeing in this screenshot is Jira's attachment field, and ProForma's form beginning after the horizontal line and Requestor Email Address(es). 

Therefore we are currently unable to control the position of the attachment field on the screen. However it is possible that we can look into making it possible for the ProForma form to be shown BEFORE the Jira form on the page, not after.

I think this is a great suggestion for us to look into. 

Jennifer Volpe April 29, 2019

thank you for letting me know! Yes, it would be help to move it to the bottom. 

Like # people like this
Amit Jambusaria October 21, 2019

@Jennifer Volpe do you have any documentation on how you added the attachment field on the form? I dont care much about the location of the attachment, as long as it shows up. FYI, I am Jira Software with Data Center version installed? Thanks, much appreciated.

Like # people like this
osvaldo plabst December 9, 2019

I'm in need of this too ! We really need the attachment field in the form ! 

Like Laura Colon likes this
Michael Henderson December 12, 2019

I think all you need to do is add the attachment field that is found under field configurations, to your screens. Then it is available in request types to show on portal.

osvaldo plabst December 13, 2019

is it here? or where? we didn't find any option ! 

PRO FORMA ATTACHMENT.png

Like # people like this
Mark March 31, 2020

So, is there any way to add an attachment field to my Jira form?  I am using my form as a new project form so when users fill out a new project they must also attach documents to the form. 

Angel Osberg April 29, 2020

I am searching for a way to do this as well. It doesn't appear that I have the ability to add our attachments field to the proforma forms. It would be nice for us to be able to select if the proforma form should show before or after the jira fields as Lachlan mentioned above.

Like # people like this
4 votes
Jennifer Choban
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 30, 2020

Hi everyone,

Jenny from ProForma here. Currently there is no way to change the position of the form vs the Jira fields (in this case the Attachment field) on the request. Several customers have asked for this.  We have creating an Attachment question type as an item in our backlog and hope to add it to the new form builder later this year.

In the meantime, to include an attachment option on the request, you need to add it as a Jira field on your request type.

jira integración August 24, 2020

Hello, any news about this improvement?

Danny Brown August 27, 2020

Yes, Any progress or expectation dates for this? TY!

Anthony France September 4, 2020

Really look forward to this now that its the end of the year!

Marc García Martínez September 7, 2020

@Jennifer Choban any news on this feature? Thanks!

Jennifer Choban
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 2, 2021

Sorry for the delayed response. We are waiting for Atlassian to come out with their new media handler which will hopefully make it feasible for us to add an attachment field type. 

Like # people like this
MikeB February 10, 2021

We are keen on this, also. Any idea when the new media handler will make this possible?

Like Sarah Monk likes this
Eric Zhang April 15, 2021

In need of attachment field in the form as well. This a big gap for us to utilize the form in Jira. 

Like Matt Lane likes this
Clifford Hull June 23, 2021

@Jennifer Choban Any update on this?

Jennifer Choban
Marketplace Partner
June 24, 2021

Hi Clifford, 

I am no longer with the ProForma team (which has become part of Atlassian), but I do know that there are a lot of people waiting for this feature (or better yet an attachment question type), so I suspect that when it does come out they will probably do an in-app notification.  

Hopefully there will be some progress soon. 

Like # people like this
Matt Lane July 15, 2021

This is the main thing holding us back right now from launching into converting many JSM forms into ProForma forms moving forward. We got hold of the ProForma product in anticipation of its repackaging within the Atlassian JSM sphere following the acquisition and the unique workflow opportunities it presents, but this is a real drawback right now as a large majority of our JSM portal forms catalogue need to offer attachment functionality to our portal customers. Looks like we will need to be patient on this.

Like # people like this
Matt Lane July 15, 2021

But obviously it would be ideal if an attachment field could be added in ProForma, and placed where ever in the form you would like it. Which for us is down the bottom of the form, the majority of the time.

Like # people like this
Bernd Gurn June 5, 2023

Hmm, still not available and it´s 2023. Any chance to get till end of the year? 

1 vote
Matthias April 26, 2024

When will the new ProForma attachment function finally be available for Data Center users? This is one of the first things our users asked. Especially since the system attachment field is shown in the first place, which makes absolutely no sense at all..

Thank you.

1 vote
George Tsangaris May 29, 2023

Hi everyone, any news on adding the attachment field on Proforma?

Thanx

1 vote
Liza Ramirez Silva December 22, 2021

Any update on this request?
I'm currently using ProForma and I can see nothing has happened. 

Jason Galea January 28, 2022

It's been 2 years and they havent released this feature yet.......

Like Shaun Smith likes this
0 votes
Ben Gallant June 30, 2023

FYI all you peeps... the attachment field is now available in Forms!!

You just need to remove it from the Request Type page, and put it on the Form wherever you want it. It works great :) 

I'm on Jira Cloud. Not sure if this applies to Server or Data Center. 

Thanks, Atlassian team!

David Berclaz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2023

Yes, this is the solution we recommend to people that are on JSM Cloud.

For people on Jira or JSM Server/DC, there is our File Field Jira App. I am working for Apwide, the File Field App Vendor, feel free to contact me should you need assistance:

0 votes
David Berclaz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2022

Hi @Jennifer Volpe

Forms will soon propose Attachment dedicated fields!
More information can be found here
And here is the preview

Cheers,

David

David Berclaz
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 5, 2023

The feature is now live!

Like Todd Thomas likes this
0 votes
Clement Tshivhase September 16, 2022

Is there any update from Atlassian concerning this? I can include the attachment field from the old Jira form while using Proforma, by linking the Proforma form with the native JSM form. however I cannot position the attachment in the field below the Proforma, it always appears above, which brings inconsistencies in the Help center look & feel.

0 votes
Jeff Pittman September 9, 2022

@Peter Preston [ProForma] - what's the latest on this feature.  It's becoming particularly important for business teams that are beginning to adopt the software where attachments/artifacts are moving through the workflows.  I do alot of JSM work for the Music Business industry and they are working to get Song, Deal, Works processes out of eMail...all require heavy attachments requests of their clients and their representation - and the UX has to make sense that the attachment field isn't at the very top of the intake form.  Just doesn't make a lot of sense.  And i like @Todd Thomas suggested - the ability to make it dynamically appear is superb.

Cheers,

JP

Like Liza Ramirez Silva likes this
0 votes
Todd Thomas May 6, 2021

Maybe with Atlassian's purchase of ThinkTilt this will become a possibility?

Fabian A. Lopez (Community Leader - Argentina, Florida, California)
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 15, 2021

Looking for that feature as well. we have some questions that have to have an attachment (only when selected), so having an attachment question type will allow me to add it to that section without interfering with other products that don't require attachements

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events