All Atlassian Icons List and Inconsistencies

midwest.mackey
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 16, 2018

Currently designing for a Jira Plugin/App and have been utilizing the ADG Sketch Library to stay consistent with the Atlassian framework. Within the icons available there seem to be inconsistencies of icons either not being available within the Developers Atlaskit/AUI as well as icons available there but not in the Sketch Library. Also have seen icons with differences between AUI and Sketch. This makes for some difficulty to design and pass along dev/design guidelines for faster development.

Also would be nice to have a page listing all icons, this is the most we have found:

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2018

Hi Caleb,

Which platform are you looking to create a plugin for?  Server, Cloud, or both?

So far you are actually referring to two different frameworks: AUI (which is generally applied to the server platform) and AtlasKit (which is generally applied to the Atlassian Cloud platform).   The two frameworks typically should not be mixed interchangeably, but there can be a lot of overlap between them. These are designed differently for the two different platforms of Atlassian products (Cloud and Server).

I reached out to my team about this question.   They noted that the icons in AtlasKit should match the Sketch GUI pack.  However they do not necessarily expect the AtlasKit icons to be identical to the AUI icon pack.  The ADG styles were first rolled out to our Cloud products.   Over time, the Server product teams have been also implementing the ADG framework in their respective products.  However they can make, and they have made changes to this to better implement ADG within their own different platform.

I hope this helps to clarify the differences here.

Andy

Suggest an answer