The Jira Server Mobile App is here!

James Gabb
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2019

Hey Community!

My name is James and I am a product manager on the Server Mobile team. I am excited to announce the new Jira Server Mobile apps for both iPhone and Android are now available. This is a fantastic way to help teams get work done on-the-go for both Server and Data Center customers!

What’s included in the app?

• View Scrum & Kanban boards

• View and update issues

• Receive push notifications

• Search and filter issues

• and much more - check out our blog for all of the details!

jira_mobile.png

To our beta testers:

• First of all, thank you! Your feedback was vital to the development of the mobile apps. We are lucky to have customers like you.

• To keep using the app, however, you'll need to:

• Upgrade your site to Jira 8.3 or later, and

• Update your app to the latest version:

If you update your app without upgrading Jira, the app will still work for a while, but some features may not work as expected. Also, once you log out, you won't be able to log back in, as the app checks that you have the required Jira version.

For more details about installation, go here.

For any in-app feedback, just use our Shake-to-feedback feature 😃

P.S. I’ve been monitoring all of your feedback and we understand the importance of Jira Service Desk. This is something the team is developing further to ensure you receive the best experience before we release this feature publicly. You can follow updates on this here.

2 comments

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2019

Hi @James Gabb 

This is a great news !

Thank you Atlassian Team.

Like John Funk likes this
jira guy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2019

You know how play store and app store works. They automatically update apps to latest version. My question is, will 8.3 version still work with an updated mobile app after the logout?

InnovationM Technology Solutions October 9, 2019

Wow it's a great news for all of us.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events