⏰ Jira July: Jira throwbacks!

jirajuly.png

Happy Jira #TBT y'all! 

For Jira July, we took a ride in the wayback machine to unearth some truly weird Jira/Atlassian throwbacks. We know a lot of our Community members are OG Jira users, so post your throwbacks in the comments and to win the Jira July badge! 

Throwback ideas:

• Old Atlassian/Jira t-shirts
  • Past Summit pics/swag
  • Oldest Jira ticket you can find
  • Other ancient Jira artifacts

2011 - Angry Nerds

ab14046a-2efe-498e-9e8a-d89bdb1d7d77.png

2011 - Summit Nights (The Musical)

2012 - IRKD (April Fool's Joke)

28 comments

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2021

#ThrowbackJira from many summers ago, rocking a "JIRA Jedi" shirt, courtesy of Clearvision.

It was such a long time ago that Jira was still capitalized. 😉

beardless.jpg

Like # people like this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2021
Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 1, 2021

@Brant Schroeder - whoa, I've never seen that before!

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 1, 2021

Dammit, I can't find "Jira Junior" anywhere!  My google/ecosia-foo has failed me today.

Like Bridget likes this
Ashley Faus
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 1, 2021
Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 1, 2021

YES!  Thank you @Ashley Faus - it seems the jr. contraction was defeating me.

Still wish Atlassian had made it, and not just for "Junior"

Like # people like this
Ashley Faus
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 1, 2021

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- We have a few Atlassians who talk about using Trello and Jira to run their households, so while we didn't officially make it, the Kidlassian game is strong!

This is from 2017, so I think it counts as an additional throwback laugh https://www.atlassian.com/blog/inside-atlassian/ran-kids-like-atlassian-team-month

And apparently it went so well the first time, he did it again in 2018! https://www.atlassian.com/blog/inside-atlassian/i-swam-my-kids-like-an-atlassian-team

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 1, 2021

@Bridget FYI, the oldest ticket I've publicly made is ID-240 - it turned six last month! Wish it a happy birthday for me 😅

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ID-240

Like # people like this
Svenja Lorenzen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2021

Okay, so I don't know if this counts as a "throwback" because it is only from two years ago, but 2019 I attended my first Atlassian Event in Vienna. I was excited to attend the "Agile Mindset with Jira" training and got to learn Jira from the ground up. 🎉

Still looking at my notes from time to time! 😉

#JiraThrowback #JiraTB #JiraJuly

IMG_3118.jpg

Like # people like this
Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 1, 2021

@Dave Liao you're really dating yourself with that ticket!!! Happy birthday old girl! 

Like Dave Liao likes this
Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 1, 2021

@Svenja Lorenzen that's an awesome throwback!! And can we talk about your beautiful handwriting?!

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 1, 2021

@Bridget - I've got even older tickets!

Just none that are publicly-accessible... 😂

Like Bridget likes this
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 1, 2021

I was looking for something the other day and found this t-shirt, still in the plastic bag.

IMG_5640.png

This was the second shirt I got, the original one is long gone...

Like # people like this
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2021

I was just checking some of the above comments and I must say I love the attitude and along with the sense of humour! 

I think my old/first Jira ticket was from 2017 but unfortunately not publicly available but one thing I must say I loved the ease of use then and now.

I am biased with other Atlassian products but this post is only for Jira!!

#lovejira

Like Bridget likes this
Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 1, 2021

My best swag ever is this messenger bag from the first Atlas Camp in 2008, which was held somewhere north of SF. It's still going strong

atlas-camp-2009.jpeg

Like # people like this
Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 1, 2021

Serendipity! I just found my box of old Atlassian t-shirts going back to the first Summit and before

tshirts.jpeg

Like # people like this
Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 1, 2021

And the earliest one for Jira that I remember, it still makes me laugh 

issues-tshirt.jpeg

Like # people like this
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 1, 2021

@Matt Doar  - Great collection of t-shirts!

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 2, 2021

This is a classic! My favorite because it combines two of my favorite thing!

Beer me Jira!

FWIW, that backboard for the taps is still in our office. cheeky

Like # people like this
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 2, 2021

grafik.png

This beautiful picture reminds me of Barcelona Summit 2018, time is flying...

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 3, 2021

These are my three oldest surviving items of swag from the ecosystem. 

Not entirely representative though:

• I think my dragonslayer shirt was older than the "issues" shirt, but it was too well worn/loved/battered and went to be recycled a long time ago.  T-shirts only have 4 holes, 2 arms, a neck and a beer-belly, right?  Not 18?
  • Wiki monster was an early Adaptavist one, but I got it well before I went over to the orange side.  One of our founders said there were only a handful printed, and I seem to remember it was one of the other founders who gave it to me, the first time I met an Adaptavist in real life.
  • The bag is also a cheat - I have one rucksack that is older, but it spent a decade as "the school bag" and it's so battered, it's probably not recognisable.  The school bag is the one that does the 150 mile daily commute with me, filled with stuff needed for work and commuter essentials (painkillers, blister plasters, the "please wake me up at Wellingborough" lanyard, indigestion tablets, sunscreen, gloves and an umbrella for example)

old.jpeg
Like # people like this
Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 8, 2021

I have that wiki shirt too!

You do 150 miles a day for the commute? Ouch

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 8, 2021

70 miles into London, a miles from the house to the station here and the other 4 were a guessed average wandering across London -  the nearest I've worked to St Pancras was 1/4 mile, the furthest about 5 miles.  Most were around 3 (the City, Old Street, Waterloo, Victoria etc) 

Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 12, 2021

Well, I mean, I just wore my Summit Shirt from 2013, but my favorite shirt is probably this one:

Mainly because I won it! :-}

And then... I inexplicably won the go-kart race!

COefQ4UUkAA0frO.jpeg

All the boring details are here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/San-Francisco-Bay-Area/So-quiet-in-here/td-p/1654940#M99

Like Dave Liao likes this
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 12, 2021

@Matt Doar, you print/stamp your name on the tags of your t-shirts?

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events