Introducing new features for Jira Software Cloud's roadmap

125 comments

RArney December 18, 2019

Awesome feature! Unfortunately like so many others, we won't be able to utilize it since it isn't available for Classic projects.

Making Roadmaps available in Classic... yes, please!

Joane Saulon December 18, 2019

Unfortunately (x2) - The Next-Gen project type is very limited in terms of basic features so I won't recommend using it yet. I would vote as well to enable this Roadmap feature into the classic project type.

Ellie Moon December 18, 2019

where do I find this feature on JIRA?

Erika Sa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 19, 2019

Hey @John Callaghan, we understand that the clutter on the roadmap can grow quickly as your team is working through epics. This is something we’re currently looking into. We’re hoping to solve this problem for you soon. 

Erika Sa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 19, 2019

@Danny van Kammen 
Indeed! Hope all’s been well. Thank you for the explanation. I’ve shared it with my the team to help them prioritise this.

Erika Sa
Atlassian Team
December 19, 2019

Hey @Bill Dolce thanks for your feedback. Currently there are no plans to add additional layer of hierarchy in the near future. However, this is available with our product Portfolio if you haven’t checked out already.

Erika Sa
Atlassian Team
December 19, 2019

Hi @Jeff Wheeler we completely understand that release / versioning can be a primary way of planning the future and tracking progress for some teams. With the latest introduction of release feature in next-gen project, this is something we will incorporate into the roadmap view soon. In the meantime, I’d love to hear more about your needs with estimation roll-up and reporting. We’re also exploring how this could be brought into classic projects, and I’d love to get your input. Please find some time here to chat with me. I’d really appreciate it.

Erika Sa
Atlassian Team
December 19, 2019

Hi @Ellie Moon the roadmap will come out of the box with a next-gen project. This might mean you'll need to create a new project

John Callaghan December 19, 2019

@Erika Sa Great to hear - hopefully I'll soon read about it in your excellent update emails, I'm thoroughly enjoying those btw!

Danny van Kammen December 19, 2019

"Erika Sa ATLASSIAN TEAM an hour ago

@Danny van Kammen 
Indeed! Hope all’s been well. Thank you for the explanation. I’ve shared it with my the team to help them prioritise this." 

Thanx all is well. 

I 'll waiting for the update when they will pick it up :) Thank you.

Meesha Meksin December 19, 2019

@Erika Sa Will this roadmap feature be extended to classic projects in addition to nextGen?

katie.schneider December 19, 2019

Making this work across projects would be amazing so we can see where projects overlap.

Ivan Teong
Atlassian Team
December 20, 2019

@Victor Burgos Hi Victor, we are evaluating the priority of non-working days amongst other features that we need to build for next-gen.

I'm sorry to hear that next-gen is not currently meeting your needs. Right now, the concept of board settings doesn't exist and until we address that first, we cannot ship non-working days. I would suggest that you use Classic in the meantime if you have more complex needs, and trial next-gen on smaller projects that require simple setup and experiences, which many of our customers do.

If you can be more specific on why you need non-working days on how you use JSW, it will help us understand how to address that need.

To be updated on the roadmap for next-gen, you can refer to https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/whats-new/next-gen

Regards,

Ivan Teong

Atlassian Product Manager

Victor Burgos December 20, 2019

@Ivan Teong Honestly...I shouldn't have to specify why I need something, especially since it's pretty obvious why I would want it(I stated the reason in my original statement)

But alas, get them with honey not vinegar right?

We WORK 7 DAY WORKWEEKS.

We work Monday to Monday, that is our Sprints.

Most independent game development companies work this way. Especially if they have contractors around the world. Those contractors may not be able to work during the weekdays, and work on weekends. 

I mean seriously...regardless of why I specifically need it, it's a real need. Not everyone works Monday thru Friday 9-5

Freelance/Contract world works all kinds of hours and days.

This is supposed to be next-gen, so please make it next-gen, not 30-50 years ago.

Thanks for your time and hope to see this implemented on the very next update. 

Ivan Teong
Atlassian Team
December 21, 2019

Thanks @Victor Burgos

I was more keen to know in which part of the product that you need working days. Is it the reports? Or is it using Tempo time tracking capability?

I know that a lot of contractors use our tools, and we do keep them in mind when developing next-gen.

Victor Burgos December 21, 2019

@Ivan Teong Are you saying you don't know which parts of JIRA/Next-Gen don't have full 7-day workweek functionality? Because I can't answer that for you, you should know what does and doesn't.

However, the aspect that I am concerned about foremost is JIRA Sprint Time Remaining. You do not take into the weekends and such sprint length time remaining is incorrect (0 days will be on a Friday on a Mon-Mon sprint)

And if there's anywhere else in JIRA that I haven't found or paid attention to in regards to workweeks, then please update those as well. At the very least add the option to pick out the days of the week people work (so, if people take off Sunday, but work Mon-Sat, that should be okay 6-day, but maybe someone else work Sun-Friday, still 6 days, so you need to allow us to pick the days of the week we work on a regular basis.

Do not baby us. Do not hamper us. Do make this truly next-gen.

Ivan Teong
Atlassian Team
December 21, 2019

@Victor Burgos We do know which parts have the functionality, but the reason why I'm asking you for more details is because we are developing next-gen to be a new Jira, not the next Classic.

Some functionality that exists in Classic today may change in next-gen based on the needs of our users, and without understanding the specific pain-points and the biggest opportunities that lie in our users' experience with Jira, we won't be able to develop something in next-gen that takes all of that into consideration.

Copying/porting the functionality 1-1 from Classic so it's exactly the same is not our strategy. Thanks for sharing more about your issue with non-working days. I'll take that into mind when we are planning milestones for non-working days when we have prioritized it for our roadmap.

ruhhana ali December 30, 2019

2019 is an amazing time to be an Angular dev. Angular has become one of the fastest improving technologies these days with the latest stable version. There are many roads you can follow if you want to become a great Angular developer.

Stephen Day December 31, 2019

Is there any thought to adding the ability to set timelines on the items within an Epic? Basically giving you a Gantt Chart capability within the Roadmap. You're practically there, might as well just add it in. Also being able to drag and drop the tasks and stories and such underneath the Epic to set the Ticket Priority would be very useful.

James Gardner December 31, 2019

Nice!

s.spijkerman January 2, 2020

Is there an option in the planning to add Milestone (dates) to the Roadmap ?

Gustavo Segura January 2, 2020

If we all vote here then they will have to add it!

Roll-Safe-Think-About-It

Kevin Davison January 3, 2020

So far, I think this is a nice improvement, thanks! Adds value.

It may help expand on linkages. Add more than the "Blocked" option, if that helps people.

Most of all, I'd appreciate being able to "Close" Epics so they don't appear anymore. Seems like my only option is to delete them when "Done." Yes, I can use the filter but displaying them is the default.

Thanks again

alex.lee January 6, 2020

Can you please add story points by issue, story points completed / story point totals by epic to this view please?  We'd like to be able to track project spend in a glance.

Jorden Van Bogaert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2020

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events