How to use Jira Work Management forms into Jira Service Management portal

In some cases, we already have a form created in an Jira Work Management(Business) project and we would like to reuse it for the Jira Service Management portal, in this case as Jira does not have the functionality natively, we have feature request created for this topic:

• JSDCLOUD-11675 - Ability to use forms from Jira Work Management in a JSM portal

For now, as an alternative solution would be to reuse the direct link form from the JWM(Business) project and attach this in the request type on the Instructions field from the JSM portal, as I show on the screen recording below:

Note: It’s important to mention that to perform this workaround you must have access as a Jira Work Management project admin.
To access the form and send a request, the user must be a customer in the JSM project, and have at least a Jira license and being added to the Business project.
The user must be logged into Jira and have access to the JWM project to access the form.

If you're keen on this workaround, I'll also share the HTML code that I've used to "decorate" the request type:

(!)*{color:#de350b}Please access this link below to pre-fill the form and submit it:{color}*
- [Form Test|https://form-url]

*{color:#de9f0b}Thanks!{color}* :) 

More details about Forms in Jira Service Management can be found in the document below:

You can also view more details about adding customers in the document below:

8 comments

Bruno Altenhofen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 12, 2022

Amazing!!! :D

Like Charles Trilha likes this
Bruna Silva
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 12, 2022

Awesome!

Lucas Silva
Atlassian Team
August 12, 2022

Awesome! \o/

Vitor Maldonade
Atlassian Team
August 12, 2022

Nice article! :)

Luiz Maia August 12, 2022

Great article, Atlassian legend Charlie!

Urmo August 25, 2022

What about Jira DC? I'll be happy to get same function into Jira DC.

Bruno Altenhofen
Atlassian Team
August 26, 2022

Hey @Urmo 

Thank you for your question!

So, for DC you can use the ProForma app:

Allow me to share with you this doco related to this topic:

I hope that this information helps!

Thanks!

Like Urmo likes this
Abdul Majeed Syed February 23, 2023

Hey Charles,

Please share the HTML code, I wish to make the link more prominent on the form, also is there a way to hide the Submit button on main request form?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events