👋 👀 Check out 6 usability improvements to Jira Software Cloud — and a sneak peek at what’s next!

Hello Community :wave:

My name is Liron, and I’m a Group Product Manager for Jira Software. At Atlassian, ease-of-use is a top priority, and our engineering and product teams are listening to what you say will make Jira Software better for you — and they’re continuously making improvements to give you that better experience. I’m excited to share a round-up of what’s already been released this year, and a sneak peek at what we’re working on currently! 🎉

First up, here’s what we’ve released in the past few months:

1️⃣ Find the issue you’re looking for more easily in advanced search

1.png

:mag_right: Jira’s advanced search lets you search for issues by building structured queries using the Jira Query Language (JQL). It’s been updated to provide more accurate results when searching for an exact phrase, making it faster to find the precise issue you’re looking for. You can learn more here.

2️⃣ Easily customize the order of your pinned fields

2.gif

Tailor your Jira Software experience to suit your needs with better sorting options and fewer clicks for pinned fields 📌. Simply drag and drop to create an issue view with your important fields in the order you prefer — helping you get across the details that matter most at a glance and making it easier to quickly edit your most-used fields.

3️⃣ Save time updating parent and epic fields in the backlog

3.gif

Reduce your time spent updating the parent field (in both the inline and in the issue view) on the backlog! These enhancements include the ability to add recently assigned and created parents to the edit parent drop down, cache results to remove load time on the edit parent drop down, and remove load time in the view all modal. This means less time spent updating your backlog and fewer visits to the View All modal to update your issue’s epic. ⏰

4️⃣ Issues on the mobile app now have whole new look

4.png

Information is no longer displayed in one long scrollable list on Jira Cloud’s iOS app and Android app. Now, info is portioned into manageable, expandable/collapsible sections. Delicious little bite-sized chunks. Like bento 🍱. Already available on iOS, and coming soon for Android! You can learn more here.

5️⃣ Silence saved changes notifications in Advanced Roadmaps plans

5.gif

Looking to cut down on email ✉️? When you’re saving a lot of changes to issues, notifications can start to pile up. Now, you can choose to not send email notifications to team members with each update, giving everyone’s inboxes a rest.

6️⃣ See your apps in the issue view without hiding your context fields

6.png

Instead of displaying app information in glances, it will now be organized in expandable and collapsible groups. This will ensure that your most important fields are always visible 🧐 and reduce the number of clicks needed to update them. You can choose to keep the app information expanded or collapse the group if you prefer a more streamlined view — it's up to you!

…But that’s not all! This is what’s coming next to make your Jira Software experience better 🥳

I mentioned earlier that you and your teams will continue to see enhancements to Jira Software in the coming months and beyond, so here’s a little preview:

• Quick Search improvements: Fresh enhancements including sticky search terms, “Reported by me” filter, in-context project filter, and cards on hover.

• Extended email batching: Batching support for instances with a custom sender email address setting.

• Add watchers to Issue Create: Ticket creators will be able to include relevant team members as watchers when creating a new issue.

• Enhanced Advanced Roadmaps: View your work across teams by priority status, change labels of multiple issues with just a few clicks, and easily duplicate a new plan based on settings and configuration of any existing plan.

• New look and feel for Advanced Roadmaps: Ready for more visible views of your plan? Switch between your plan Timeline, Teams, Releases, and the Dependency report with one click. Combined with an updated nav that matches the rest of Jira Software, Advanced Roadmaps will soon be welcoming a more intuitive experience.

We’ll share more about these features and others as they’re released and in the meantime, we cannot thank you enough for the continued support and we look forward to hearing your feedback! 💙

61 comments

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2023

Wow @Liron , these are some very nice improvements qnd enhqncements. Looking forward to their general availability.

Like Liron likes this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2023

Sweeto burrito! Thanks for the article @Liron 

giphy

Like # people like this
Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2023

Nice. Love this summary-type of post ... Useful if we missed the initial launch articles/posts. Thank you @Liron 

Like # people like this
Nacho Cortes March 15, 2023

Thank you @Liron good to see new improvements in JIRA! Looking forward to have them available!

Like Liron likes this
Lina Maria Castro Ramirez March 15, 2023

Hi! This looks so cool. @Liron Which is the app used for that " My reminders" section in the 6th improvement?

Like # people like this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 15, 2023

That's great! Thank you!

Like Liron likes this
Ahmud Auleear
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 16, 2023

Hi @Lina Maria Castro Ramirez

The app is My Reminders which is found on Atlassian's Marketplace. Just to note this app might still appear in the glance view till the end of March. 

Thanks, 

Ahmud 
PM-Jira Issue View

Like # people like this
YY哥
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 18, 2023

Awesome improvements~ More productive for teams using Jira.

Like Liron likes this
Ditte Simard
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 20, 2023

Wonderful!!  Are these features available in Data Center and Cloud?

Like Liron likes this
Liron
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2023

@Ditte Simard  - the changes mentioned here are in Cloud. 

Cheers!

Ditte Simard
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 20, 2023

*sad tiny violin noises*

Okay, thank you for getting back to me!  I am on Data Center for the foreseeable future.

Sandra Axelsdottir
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 20, 2023

Hi @lira 

Some great changes there! Thank you :)

I noticed the following change this morning on my instance (action button in issue view). However, I can't find anything about this in any updates or documentation. Can you guide me in the right direction?

Screen Shot 2023-03-20 at 18.15.54.png

Regards,

Sandra

Like # people like this
Andrew Zimmerman March 21, 2023

Hi, @Liron I have the same question as @Sandra Axelsdottir above. Can you review the "Actions" button here next to the workflow/transitions selection on the issue view?

Like Christie Gera _Appfire_ likes this
Andrew Laden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2023

When you post an article like the above please specify that it is Jira Software Cloud. ie "Check out 6 usability improvements to Jira Software Cloud

I know Atlassian is "Cloud First", but it is not cloud only, so making it clear from the beginning that this applies only to Cloud would be helpful to prevent false hopes for us DataCenter customers.

Like # people like this
Like # people like this
Andrew Zimmerman March 27, 2023

@Italo Lobato Qualisoni thanks for the reference link!

Oto Tabares March 30, 2023

🤩

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 30, 2023

If there's something strange
In your Jira site
Who ya gonna call?
The Jira Software Product User Experience Team!

giphy-downsized

Okay, that doesn't work too well, but I really wanted to include this GIF of a guinea pig riding a Ghostbusters car.

Like # people like this
Jozef Benikovský March 30, 2023

Thanks for the update, looks cool in general.

However I do not see how is the new issue look on mobile with "neat little expandable sections" more useful than "long scrollable list". I need to perform much more clicks to find what I need instead of quick up and down scrolling. This seems like a step backward to me.

Like # people like this
Casey Gould March 30, 2023

Thanks for the ability to reorder pinned fields! It's a small one but a useful one. Now if only I could pin the same fields across all projects....

Like Liron likes this
Cathy Allison March 30, 2023

Search for "Reported by me" is something I didn't know I needed but I'm already happy it exists.  Thank you!

Like # people like this
Shweta Dhakad March 30, 2023

Looking forward for  - easily duplicate a new plan based on settings and configuration of any existing plan

Will be super-helpful.. how soon can we expect it?

Like Liron likes this
Alex Dokhtiar March 31, 2023

Are changes to Epics/Parents only relevant to the team managed project type?

Richard Smart March 31, 2023

Save time updating parent and epic fields in the backlog doesnt seem to work for us - using Jira Cloud.  Our backlog views dont have the Epic name next to the summary - rather, its on the right hand side next to the Key.  

Left mouse clicking opens the side view of the ticket details

Right Mouse clicking provides the "Send to" menu thats existed for ages.

Like Elizabeth Sankey likes this
Richard Smart March 31, 2023

seems none of these features are on our Jira Cloud at all.  How do I make sure we are on the latest version as would like to make use of these new features

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events