Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I delete an Issue?

Peter Beck July 13, 2021

I cant delete issues in a Project Management Template in Works Management. The option to do so does not exist in the issue menu.

I looked at this community question:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Work-Management-Questions/How-do-I-delete-a-task-and-a-subtask-from-the-board/qaq-p/1725934

But it does not help as I can edit the delete permissions (for testing) but they do not save.

Interestingly I am the Org Admin .... but still I cant delete an issue.

Any thoughts anyone?

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2021

Hey @Peter Beck, you may have the ability to administer the project, but it doesn't mean you can delete issues. You need the Delete issue permission in the project. Have you checked the permission helper?

Peter Beck July 13, 2021

So ... The Permission Helper is a good tool I never knew about. Thanks for that.

It clearly said I was not in a Project role that allowed delete. So I added my self to the Project Role and it worked.

It seems weird when I use the Permissions tool that it says I have Project Administartion rights, but when I checked I was not in the Project Role specifically. Despite the fact that I created the project.

I cant understand why as the project creator I need to add myself as the project owner manually to get delete.

I suppose its just one of those things I need to do.

Aditi November 8, 2021

I am trying to delete one of the issues I created. I have an Organisation Admin access. How do I delete the issue? 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2021

Hi @Peter Beck:

Most likely you don't have permissions in the project to delete.  Even if you are a super admin, you may not have it.  Go to the project's permission schema and ensure that the role or group you are on is the item "Delete Issues".

Link:https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/managing-project-permissions-938847145.html 

Peter Beck July 13, 2021

Thanks. Its sort of correct of course. But its weird I have to manually add myself to my own project when the permissions helpers above says I have that role automatically.

0 votes
Sadia May 15, 2022

how to delet issue in Jira Work managemnet for 

Chris Mann
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 27, 2023

I finally figured this out after about one hour of poking around.  Eventually, I had to reload the browser to get the changes to take.  This is FAR TO CONFUSING for something that should be a basic function.  Congrats for figuring out how to make this so difficult! :-) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events