Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I delete a task and a subtask from the board?

Lynn Sheffield June 15, 2021

I created a task with associated subtasks that I wish to remove from the project.   Specifically, can I remove it from the "Board" view?  How do I accomplish that?

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Airbus Driver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2021

When you delete the task, the subtasks associated with it are also deleted. You can delete the task by clicking on the task -> locate the three dots on the top right -> Delete.

You need to have permissions to 'Delete Issues' in the permission scheme.

Lynn Sheffield June 16, 2021

Thank you....where do I locate the "permission scheme"?

Airbus Driver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2021

Hi Lynn,

You can refer to the following documents which show you how and where to find the permission schemes;

Manage project permissions 

Permissions for company-based projects 

Lynn Sheffield June 21, 2021

I'm using the free plan, am I still able to access the "permission scheme"?  When I follow the directions as per the links above, I am not seeing what I need to see.  Suggestions?

Airbus Driver
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 21, 2021

Hi Lynn, unfortunately, you won't be able to access the "permission scheme" on a free plan, however, do you still have the ability to delete the tasks as you originally intended?

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events