Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your productivity with April updates 🌱 Overviews, filters, and more

It’s Team ‘23 week! If you’re in Las Vegas, make sure to stop by the Jira Work Management booth and say hello 👋

Let’s jump into this month’s updates.

Overviews

Overviews.gif

Have you seen the news? Overviews are here to boost your productivity. If you use Jira Work Management with Jira Software Premium, you can now manage work across business projects in one place. Whether you’re reporting on progress to stakeholders or checking in day to day on your own tasks, overviews are the tool for you.

Filter optimizations

Filter custom field.gif

Getting down to the tasks you’re looking for should be quick, easy, and intuitive. That’s why we’ve made some new improvements to the filters in JWM projects. Choose from default fields like assignee and date, or filter by your custom fields so you can spend your time on the work that matters most.

New resource: Jira Software and Jira Work Management guide

JWM_vs_JSW.png

Ever wondered how Jira Work Management compared to Jira Software, which type of project is right for you, or how to use the two together?

Look no further because we have a new, detailed guide all about these questions and more.

Check it out ➡️

Let us know how you’re feeling about this month’s updates! See you in the comments, or live in Vegas 🥳

14 comments

Mia Paulin April 18, 2023

@Abby Stiris Sounds Awesome!  Checking it out now.

Mia Paulin April 18, 2023

@Abby Stiris Hey, are you attending the Team '23 event in Las Vegas, either in person or virtually?  It starts today(tonight).

Bailey Hecksel April 18, 2023

Why are the filter changes only available in JWM? Would be handy to have the same "filter" button available in JSM projects as well.

Like # people like this
Haddon Fisher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2023

1. "Overviews" feels like a less-useful replication of dashboard functionality, and I do not want to add even more overload to my users (and to my admins, who will need to answer all of the questions those users come up with). How can I disable this functionality for us?

2. I'd echo the ask to not add functionality to one flavor of Jira that isn't present in the others. Is there a way we can make all of the "quickly filter boards and lists and all other types of 'views'" functionality act the same?

Like # people like this
Andhe April 18, 2023

Hi,

Is this new filter function only available for Jira Software Premium? not a Jira Software Standard?

Like # people like this
Ida Giersing April 19, 2023

It looks like the search function is missing is missing in the filter options for custom (people) fields – you can only select the pre-selected thumbnails but there's no option to search for the person you'd like to filter by. This is available is filtering by fx. Reporter – but not for custom people fields. 

Like Hal West likes this
Abby Stiris
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2023

Thank you so much for all your feedback everyone! If I saw you last week at Team, it was so great meeting you! I'm sharing all of these comments internally.

Like Caroline Bergmark likes this
Abby Stiris
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2023

@Andhe filters are available on all tiers of Jira Work Management.

Like Andhe likes this
Andhe April 26, 2023

Thanks Abby!

Heather Hartman April 26, 2023

I found in the documentation that work management overviews are private and for personal view/use only. This is highly disappointing. I created one and tried to share the link to others on my team but they get an access denied message. They are on all the projects I included in my overview. Is it planned for future to give overviews a permission setting similar to dashboards or filters? If I can't share it, it will be pointless for us. 

Like Hal West likes this
Abby Stiris
Atlassian Team
April 26, 2023

Appreciate the feedback @Heather Hartman — will share with the team

Ida Giersing August 24, 2023

@Abby Stiris I still can't get the filter to work with custom fields, more specifically people picker fields. As you can see from the screenshot of the filter drop-down, I'm only allowed to selected "Unassigned" for these two people-picker fields, I can't select any people or search for people I'd like to select. It's a shame to have an announcement saying that you can filter by custom fields when this doesn't work as expected. Am I doing something wrong or is this a known bug?

Screenshot 2023-08-24 at 11.25.20.png

Ben Payne
Atlassian Team
August 24, 2023

Hi @Ida Giersing

This is a known bug we're working on which you can track here.

A workaround you can try until this bug is fixed is, if you've removed the assignee field from your issue type, try add it back and see if the filters start working again.

Hopefully this helps, please let me know if there's anything else we can help with

Jamie Newcomb September 19, 2023

Hey

Do you plan to add the list view and board to the overview page like you have with Calendar and Timeline?

From an overview summary page you have the following:

'Assign and share the workload in your team. Go to the list view'

'Get a holistic view of how work is being prioritized. See what your team's been focusing on'

'Get a snapshot of the status of your items. View all items'

'Get a breakdown of items by their types. View all items'

All of these take you to the same timeline view where really they should be offering the same functionality as an independent summary page for a work mgmt project by linking to board, timeline, list etc

Screenshot 2023-09-19 at 16.15.20.png

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events