jira software access to JSM and licenses

Ben June 18, 2021

hi,

i read that you can allow jira software users access to JSM issues (via permissions. the article suggested via app access > all logged in users, but i assume its also possible by groups/specific people). 

if that is the case, then when i grant permissions to a software user, are they counted also as a JSM license? if not, then whats the purpose of having an agent role under a license? 

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2021

You can grant browse and comment permissions to Jira software users without incurring any licensing cost. It is only when you make them an agent and allow them to be assigned issues and transition issues where a license cost is incurred. 

0 votes
Irina_Bel_Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 4, 2022

Hi @Ben ,

As an alternative (far less expensive and without sites, users, and agents limit) you can start a free trial of the Customer Case for Jira app. It is also a portal for your external clients where they can submit their issues or ideas. It can be public (visible for everybody), private (restricted for specific email addresses or domains), or you can choose the option to make it a support service (private communication with support assistant).

Suggest an answer