Work Management Project List sorting and grouping function

sheradyn.ford August 19, 2022

Hi All,

I have a work management project and I have the issues grouped by category. I'm trying to sort the view, but the child records to epics aren't appearing beneath them.

Subtasks are appearing beneath standard tasks, but childs to epics aren't. When I try to manually move records (after turning off the auto sort), it lets me grab the issue row, it appears as though it's going to move, and then nothing. When I try to grab the same (or another issue) to manually move, it highlights text on the screen like you're going to copy the text. I have to then refresh the web browser before it will let me attempt to grab an issue again.

My question is - has anyone else come across this, or am I doing something wrong? I know that epics MAY not work the same in a work management project, but the manual sort thing has me really baffled.

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2022

Hi @sheradyn.ford , I believe this is a feature being rolled out. I recall a thread discussing this. I will try to find that thread and reference here.

Thanks.

I read this article, and that's where I learnt the child records are supposed to show below the parent. If there's more info out there, I'd be keen to read up on it. :)

Filter, sort, copy, and rank issues in the list | Jira Work Management Cloud | Atlassian Support

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2022
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 19, 2022

And this...

List-View-Upcoming-Features-Details 

I do not understand why the rollout is taking so long. Possibly they have found issues with the feature so holding back further rollout until resolved. With that said, I will test in my instance to see what it looks like. It has been some time since I have tried it.

Thank you :)

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events