List View - Upcoming Features Details

Jeremy D August 17, 2021

Is there a place to find more details on "Coming Soon" features for the List view in JWM on the Atlassian Cloud Roadmap (https://www.atlassian.com/roadmap/cloud?status=comingSoon&) ?

My project managers are requesting the ability to nest sub-tasks on the List view, similar to the way it works on the Timeline view. Is this functionality covered by either of these coming soon features?

View issue hierarchy on the list

Jira Work Management

Users will be able to see, and directly edit, three levels of hierarchy on the List view –from Epic → Issue → Subtask.

Grouping for the list view

Jira Work Management

You will be able to group your list items by various groupings, such as assignee and status. This will help users find, plan, and complete work faster than ever.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ron Levy
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 17, 2021

Hi @Jeremy D , thanks for this, indeed that's the feature and we've even started rolling this out this week. If you don't see it within a few days please reach out to us.

Jeremy D August 18, 2021

@Ron Levy  thank you for taking the time to respond to my inquiry. I appreciate your dedication, even to the newest community members. 

Could you clarify your answer. Did you mean:

1.  We are rolling out this feature this week
  2.  We are rolling this feature out this week and it includes the ability to nest subtasks in the list view

Thanks again, I appreciate you clarifying this for me.

Jeremy D August 18, 2021

@Ron Levy  It has rolled out to my instance. Thank you. This feature indeed includes the ability to nest subtasks in the list view :)

Like Ron Levy likes this
Jeremy D August 18, 2021

@Ron Levy sorry to be a bother. In what form are Epics being implemented?

1. Do I need to add them as an issue type to a project?
  2. Will they be part of a JWM template?
  3. Will they nest tasks and tasks nest subtasks?
Like Alexandre Thouin likes this
Rick Crow
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2021

@Ron Levy : We're still not seeing the three levels of nested hierarchy in our instance. We see subtasks nested within their parent tasks, but no story/task level nesting within their parent Epics.

Any update on the rollout of this feature?

Like # people like this
Alexandre Thouin November 2, 2021

Got exactly the same question here. We want to integrate Epic in JWM... How is it coming ? The roadmap still show Q3

Rick Crow
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2022

@Ron Levy : Any update on progress/rollout timing of having stories/tasks visually nested in parent epics?

Ron Levy
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 24, 2022

Hey @Rick Crow thx for the ping. I'll let @Jane Yeoh answer this one and follow up.

Like Rick Crow likes this
Jeremy D April 21, 2022

@[deleted] Any update on this roll out. In the List view in my instance I now see Epics in team managed projects, but not in company managed projects.

To clarify - will Epics be in the List view of both types of projects?

Rick Crow
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 21, 2022

Hi, @Jane Yeoh , I'm following up on @Ron Levy 's comment above ... any updates on this would be greatly appreciated!

Jane Yeoh
Atlassian Team
May 4, 2022

Sorry for the delay in response!

We are currently working on supporting three levels of hierarchy on the list view, which means you will soon see nesting of Epics > Tasks > Subtasks. 

This is estimated to start being rolled out by end of May/early June. Thank you for your patience with us on this!

Cheers,

Jane

Like Jeremy D likes this
Rick Crow
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 5, 2022

@Jane Yeoh : Thanks for the update ... glad to hear it's planned for release soon.

Like Jeremy D likes this
Pete Dunham June 3, 2022

Hi @Jane Yeoh ,

Thanks for the updates above.

I just wanted to check if there is an updated ETA. This will be a key unlock for my team.

Pete

Jane Yeoh
Atlassian Team
June 5, 2022

Hi @Peter Dunham ,

This is being released as we speak. You should have this enabled for your instance in the next couple of weeks, if you haven't already. Otherwise, please feel free to email me at jyeoh@atlassian.com with your site name and cloud ID and the team will be able to enable this for you.

Ajay Sharma June 14, 2022

Hey @jane  :) Can you please check if this is enabled on our account?  I could swear it was a few days ago, and today, I cant get it to work :( 

Jeremy D June 14, 2022

I have the same issue. I had this functionality on 6/12/22. The next day (6/13/22) the functionality was gone. 

Has this been delayed or pulled back?

chumphreys June 14, 2022

Same for me. I noticed it was enabled in my work management project last week (6/9), and within a few hours the functionality was gone.

Jane Yeoh
Atlassian Team
June 14, 2022

Hi @Ajay Sharma , @chumphreys@Jeremy D,

We're looking into this and I'll keep you updated as soon as I hear back from the team.

Thanks for your patience!

Like # people like this
Jeremy D June 16, 2022

This feature is reactivated for my environment. Thank you.

Note: There is a bug that causes Tasks to sometimes be displayed outside of the nesting structure. 

1. When a task is created inside the Epic popup window. The task is displayed as a stand alone item on the List View until the page is refreshed. 

2. When using the > to view task's subtasks in the list view the task will sometimes be displayed as a duplicate below the list of subtasks. This duplicate task will visually be un-nested in relation to its parent Epic.

JWM-LIST-Nested-Task-Bug.png

edit: in both cases the task display issue is fixed by refreshing the screen (F5).

0 votes
Jane Yeoh
Atlassian Team
October 31, 2022

Hi @Stephen Crandell , are you able to please email me your site name and cloud ID to jyeoh@atlassian.com? We'll have the team look into this for you.

0 votes
Jane Yeoh
Atlassian Team
June 23, 2022

Hi everyone,

Apologies for the confusion here. We've had to roll this back for a short period of time, but should now be rolled out again. If you haven't had this re-enabled for your instance, please reach out to me and I'll have our team enable this for you. Otherwise, you should see this enabled for your instance in the coming weeks.

There are a couple of bugs we are looking at fixing in the meantime as well, so please stay tuned for this. Any other questions, please don't hesitate to post them here or email them to me so we can have a look. 

Thanks for your patience!

Rick Crow
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 23, 2022

@Jane Yeoh : thanks for the update. Our site does not have this feature. Can I share our site here, our can you provide your email?

Thanks again.

Jeremy D June 24, 2022

@Jane Yeoh It looks like only one project on my site is able to use this. Every other project is still broken. A drop-down carrot appears next to Epics with child tasks, but the tasks are not nested. 

Epics cannot be created within these projects. I created Epic via the Plan tool at a earlier date for these projects.

Jane Yeoh
Atlassian Team
June 28, 2022

Hey @Rick Crow , sure! Please email your site name to me: jyeoh@atlassian.com and I'll have the team enable this for you.

Hi Jeremy D, are you able to please email me screenshots of this please so we can take a look for you? My email is as above. Thank you!

Tiffany Davis July 1, 2022

Hi @Jane Yeoh - this feature does not seem to be enabled for our instance and would help us out substantially. I'm able to add the epic type to the project, but tasks/subtasks don't nest under it. Should I email you regarding this feature? Thanks!

EDIT: It looks like Jira is trying to nest it... when I create the task under the epic, it doesn't nest even though the Epic Link is correct. If I toggle the carrot, it does nothing.

Epic Nesting.JPG

sheradyn.ford August 19, 2022

Hi @Jane Yeoh ,
I've just been directed to this thread as I've started using a JWM project with epics and am having an issue with the nesting of tasks below epics.

In order to get them to nest, I had to manually sort the list, however, even if the tasks appear under the epic, they're also duplicated below the list of tasks associated to the epic.

Additionally, when the list is grouped, there seems to be an issue with manually sorting of list items. I created a community post here => Work Management Project List sorting and grouping ... (atlassian.com)

I read further up that you're still working on some bugs, so I'm not sure if this is one of them.

Is there somewhere I can see/search for the bugs associated to this function to know if what I'm experiencing is known or new?

Stephen Crandell October 18, 2022

@Jane Yeoh I am seeing similar issues. We have an EPic that has 6 tasks 'under' it and on the List view of the JWM project, the Epic has the arrow but when you click it, it expands and collapses never showing the child issues. All the child issues are listed separately on the list view.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events