When raising request via email, how can I get the email body in the description? (New issue view)

Chloe Piccola February 10, 2021

We are switching from the old issue view to new issue view since we will not have access to the old issue view starting March 31st. 

With the old issue view, when an issue is raised via email or an email request, the body of the email comes into the description field. But with the new issue view, it just appears blank and does not look like we can access the body of the email?

Do I need to just do some additional configuration with the new issue view? (New to helpdesk support so unsure what to do here!)

Thanks!!

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2021

Hi Chloe - Can you share some screen prints of that? The email should just populate into the table and the view shows what's in the table. So if you do a filter and display a column for the Description, do you see it? 

@John Funk  sure! this is old view:

Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 1.26.30 PM.png

this is the new view:

Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 1.26.01 PM.png

seems like in the new view all the fields are on the right but I can figure out how to get the body of the email to appear in the ticket!

It should be in the description, but the description field is blank

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2021

This seems to be a bug to me. I would go ahead and open a support ticket with Atlassian:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Please post the resolution back here so we can close it out after that. 

Good Luck!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events