When one option selected from custom field then we want few custom field need to popup.

Gargi Panchal July 18, 2022

Currently we have custom field called state with single list dropdown menu so lets say someone select New from the list then I want to popup few custom fields like, assignee, duedate, description etc, and lets say I choose next option like Old then I get other field to add value to.

Please Note: we have 11 different state options for each we want different field to popup.

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Aleksandra Bosacka _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 6, 2022

Hi @Gargi Panchal 

It's Aleksandra from Deviniti 👋

After reading your post, I think you may find one of our apps interesting. Recently, we published Dynamic Forms for Jira Cloud which allows you to display fields based on previous selections.

At this stage, the app only supports the following types of fields due to API limitations: 

• Summary,
  • Description,
  • Priority,
  • Labels,
  • and Assignee.

However, we're still eager to expand the capabilities to support select lists and other custom fields as well. We encourage you to watch the app on the Marketplace in order not to miss any new features. Hopefully, you will find it beneficial in the future!

Cheers,
Aleksandra

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2022

Hi Gargi - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You are not going to be able to do that with a custom field. You could do it by changing statuses of the issue (that is transitioning the issue). Then you could have a transition screen associated with that transition with the fields added that you describe above. 

But that could not be done when you create an issue - only after the issue has been initially created. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events