Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

When linking with JIRA-Slack, I can't notify with mentions

1. Currently, we are using "Jira Cloud" to link with JIRA-Slack. We are considering whether it is possible to notify the person in charge of the ticket issued by JIRA with a mention when linking with Slack. When I tried adding @ User.Name to the comment of the ticket, The comment itself was displayed, but it was not treated as a mention. If you know anything, could you please teach me? Thank you.

截屏2021-08-06 15.56.36.png

2 answers

0 votes
dataaco I'm New Here Mar 15, 2022

So what is the solution here?
We want comments on tickets we are watching or mention of being shown in slack, but they do not currently. (as of Mar 2022)

We can't follow the email, 100 emails, and we are missing comments from developers on tickets asking for questions. Developer time is most important, and we need to respond to them asap. As such having comments or mention of being shown in slack is perfect /fastest way.

How do we make it work? Currently JiraCloud says its on, but its not working:
 2022-03-15_12-01.png

0 votes

Hello @yonghua you ,

Thanks for reaching out, and the following thread discusses how to accomplish this with an automation rule and an example of how it works that I believe will do what you are looking for:

Please check this out and let me know if this does the trick.

Regards,
Earl

@Earl McCutcheon 

Thanks for your answer.

I have set the jira automation, but I can't finshed my needs。

this is my needs

• I create a new comment to my task in jira。
  • I mention a user in  jira comment。
  • I want to mention this user in slack automatically

截屏2021-08-11 15.46.45.png

this is my jira automation setting

截屏2021-08-11 15.48.29.png

this is my slack message

截屏2021-08-11 15.49.54.png

my problem

• in slack ,I can‘t mention the user who I mentioned in jira comment,  I have read the  doc of smart values-users. can you tell me how to set automation setting.Thank you.

Hello @yonghua you ,

Thanks for the update.  In the article, the process will enable you to mention someone using a smart value based on a custom field.  But what you are attempting to do is get the @mention from a Jira comment to directly convert to a mention in Slack and these are two different things.

Alternatively, you can configure /jira notify in Slack to configure the Jira Cloud for Slack integration to DM them when they get @-mentioned.   Check out the following thread that has some info about /jira notify use case and configuration:

Noting for how you are currently configured, it looks like you successfully implemented it for the parts where they can successfully implement it but a portion of what you are looking for will not work, but using the mentions via smart value this  portion should work:

image (15).png

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Upcoming changes to epic fields in company-managed projects

👋 Hi there Jira Community! A few months ago we shared with you plans around renaming epics in your company-managed projects. As part of these changes, we highlighted upcoming changes to epics on...

14,862 views 37 49
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you