We failed to reorder the issue

Lucas Nörenberg de Deus July 9, 2020

Recently, i have added a new user in my Jira Software team. I have granted the default permissions for Jira Software and Confluence, but he is not able to do nothing in the project (he can't move issues though the sprint board, update it's title or description, change the assignee, etc). Actually, the only thing the user can do is comment in the issues.

I tried to create a group with the required permissions, grant permissions directly to the user, but nothing works. Our team have other users with exactly same permission schemas and, for them, Jira works like a charm.

Here are screenshots of the user's permissions and the error he is facing:

Captura de Tela 2020-07-09 às 10.43.51.pngCaptura de Tela 2020-07-09 às 10.49.46.png

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Lucas Nörenberg de Deus August 21, 2020

I was able to solve the issue inviting the user with the "Add people" button on the project board:

Captura de Tela 2020-08-21 às 13.33.43.png

Design Guruz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 8, 2023

But this also not solve the purpose of freely moving the issues from one point to another

0 votes
Natalia Ávila August 21, 2020

I am experiencing the same issue that you Lucas, and I don´t have any clue how to solve it. have you been able to solve it? thanks in advance.

Hi, Natalia. I just posted an answer explaining how i have solved it.

Natalia Ávila August 22, 2020

Hi Lucas! thanks a lot! 

0 votes
Sachin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2020

Hello @Lucas Nörenberg de Deus , I see that he's part of confluence-users and jira-software-users permission which allows user to login into the instance, but that maynot provide him to make changes to the issues inside the project without you granting him some of the issue permissions.

See Permissions for classic projects to understand how project permissions are managed and How do Jira permissions work? 

Lucas Nörenberg de Deus July 9, 2020

Hello @Sachin, thanks for the fast response

We use the free version of Jira Software, witch limits our controls of the permission schemas and many other permission features. I tried to create a custom group, grant all issue related permissions to it and associate the user to that group, but it doesn't work too. I also tried to set the user as an administrator, and he still with the problem.

Already with no ideas, I removed the user from the organization and invited him again, without success.

Do you think there is something else that I can do?

I'm really thankful for you help.

Sachin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2020

Thank you for the help, Sachin. I just posted an answer explaining how I did solve this issue.

Like Sachin likes this
Sachin
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2020

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events