Unable to move/prioritize issues (drag/drop) within backlog

Jackie Becker March 19, 2020

next-gen projects

Within the backlog I cannot do a drag and drop of the issues.  It shows that I am moving the task in the backlog but once I drop it the task goes back to its original position.  I have looked into Permissions Scheme -> Issue permissions and 'any logged in user' has access to all listed permissions.

Looking through the html code and found that there is a option for 'draggable' however draggable="false".

Capture.JPG

9 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Amir Halperin March 21, 2020

Same here. Not working on NextGen. Able only to do "Top of backlog" or "Bottom of backlog" from context menu of the issue.

In addition I'm also unable to insert/remove issues to/from a sprint via mouse dragging.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2020

Hi Amir - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Have you entered a support ticket with Atlassian as Andy suggests above? Nothing will happen here - you need to have support look at it. 

Amir Halperin March 21, 2020

will do thanks.

Amir Halperin March 23, 2020

Seems that problem is solved. Nice :-)

Like Deleted user likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2020

Very good - can you click on the Accept answer button to close this one out? Thanks!

Ken Tarter March 23, 2020

@John Funk 

Has the ticket been closed? Can you confirm that Atlassian initiated a fix? We don't like it when things magically get fixed. 

In any case, I am still experiencing some issues. 

I have a Classic JIRA Kanban based on a filter combining a classic project and next-gen project. Today in limited testing,, I saw that there were several tickets whose ranking seemed to be "out of sync" on the backlog between Classic and Next-Gen. these could not be moved. However, when i put them in the same sequence (by shuffling those that were in sync), then i was able to move them on either backlog. more testing is needed to confirm this since I only attempted it two or three times.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2020

Hi Ken,

Yes, Atlassian initiated a fix and closed the ticket based on several comments by users here that it solved their problem. 

If you have additional problems based on your unique use of the boards, you will need to create a support ticket directly with them here: 

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

2 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2020

Hi all,

Sorry to hear about this problem.  We are tracking a very similar ranking bug in next-gen projects over in JSWCLOUD-17654. But I am not 100% this is exactly the same bug, just because no one here has reported seeing that same error, but the behavior is effectively the same.

If you are a site-admin on a Cloud site where this is happening, please create a technical support request with our Cloud team about this.  Be sure to include the account names/emails that have this problem as well as the project and board where this happens.  You can do this by going to

1. https://support.atlassian.com/contact
  2. Select Technical issue & bugs
  3. The choose the Cloud URL where you see this problem

If you are not a site-admin, you won't be able to create this kind of support case.  What I would like to do is ask that you contain one of your Atlassian Cloud site-admins and ask them to create a support request about this on your behalf.

I tried to recreate this problem in my own Cloud site, but so far everything has been ranking correctly for me, even in a restricted next-gen project where my account was not an admin.  Ultimately, I want to see that our Cloud support team has support cases about this problem as this can give support access to the Cloud environments seeing this problem.

Regards,

Andy

0 votes
Greg Jankowski March 23, 2020
0 votes
Thomas March 22, 2020

It seems that dragging / re-ordering still works in the iPhone and iPad Jira apps.

Zafar Mahmood August 19, 2020

Thomas, I have just figured out the solution of dragging and dropping. It works at Board level, if you highlight the Epic, then you are able to drag and drop. If you open epic at story level, that option disappears.

0 votes
Greg Jankowski March 22, 2020

Same issue, created support ticket #JST-561184.

I have been an early adopter of NextGen, and this gives me pause to think if we should switch back.

Greg Jankowski March 22, 2020

Here is the bug that development is tracking.

Please mark if it effects your organization. 

JSWCLOUD-18833 - Unable to reorder or associate an issue to a sprint from the backlog Next-gen

Zafar Mahmood August 19, 2020

I am unable to drag and drop stories, however you can go to a menu on side of the story to move to the top and bottom of the pile of stories.

0 votes
Deleted user March 20, 2020

Same here, only next gen projects are affected and this behavior was noticed only yesterday. The backlog was working juste fine the days before.

0 votes
Petr Vojáček March 20, 2020

Hello, I'm facing the very same problem recently (cca two days).  It works with no problem in "old" projects but it doesn't work in Next Gen. 

BR,

P.

0 votes
Ireen Klein_Actonic March 19, 2020

Hello,

Please check the Board Filter. It should have "Order by Rank ASC" in the end. 

Further the "schedule issue" and the "edit issue" permission are necessary.

Cheers, Ireen

Thomas March 20, 2020

Aren't Board Filters unavailable for next-gen projects?

Ken Tarter March 20, 2020

yep

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 19, 2020

Hi Jackie - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Take a look at what I just posted here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Can-t-move-my-stories-up-or-down-in-the-backlog-anymore/qaq-p/1328443?utm_source=atlcomm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=immediate_general_question&utm_content=topic#U1328469

Maybe that will help. But now I am suspicious that two posts come in on the same thing within a few minutes of each other. I do not have the problem with my board, but what kind of project is it?

Hi John - thank you for your prompt reply!

We are using next-gen project.  Similar to what Eric mentioned in his post, I am able to move to top and move to bottom of backlog, but can't drag items.  

I also went through Permissions -> Schedule Issue and Application access : Any logged in user".  Also, there are no filters being used.

Like Deleted user likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 19, 2020

I am not having that trouble, even within a next gen project. I will post something with Atlassian for some feedback. 

Thank you!

Ken Tarter March 19, 2020

Having the same issue. Next Gen project was working yesterday and earlier today. but not now. :(

Like Dmitry Razumikhin likes this
Jay Fletcher March 19, 2020

Same issues here

Dmitry Razumikhin March 20, 2020

I have same issue

It seems that this is a current problem only if the ticket has an EPIC. Tickets without epics respond to drag/drop. I removed the Epic from a non-responding issue and was able to drag/drop after the EPIC was removed.

@John Funk can you provide the atlassian ticket or other reference from yesterday? 

Jackie Becker March 20, 2020

My tickets are unassigned to an epic, and I am still unable drag and drop within the backlog.

It's a moving target. At this moment, To Top and To Bottom are working but drag and drop are not. Cannot tell if it is browser specific.

I'm defeated. Hoping it will be corrected by Monday.

Jennifer Bordner March 20, 2020

same issue here. 

Deleted user March 20, 2020

Same issue here.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 20, 2020

See Andy's post at the top. 

Deleted user March 23, 2020

It is solved (I think) ! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events