User tagging for slack group channel notification based on input JIRA user data

Aneesh Vatedka September 13, 2022

Hello community,

We have a use case where users data are input in JIRA custom field and based on this I am looking for Automation for JIRA to send notification in a group slack channel and tag users (like @XYZ). 

Currently, using automation for JIRA we are able to send slack notification and also user data as text. However, this unfortunately doesn't help to notify users by having their name as text. 

Can anyone help here and provide options how we can have user tagged in slack notification (not direct slack message, rather in group channel), so they are aware of it? 

Thank you very much in advance

Best regards,

Aneesh

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ashish A_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2022

Read the following article. It will help you: 
Mention someone directly in Slack via Jira Automation 

Aneesh Vatedka September 13, 2022

Thank you very much @Ashish A_

Appreciate your help. Will have a look. 

I had another question, can we have 'ticket preview' appear in Automation for JIRA notification in slack? Currently it appears as a link. However, when same link is copy pasted in slack thread it appears as a link + there will be 'ticket preview'. Do you know where would be the issue here and what can be done? Thanks again

Like Ashish A_ likes this
Ashish A_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2022

@Aneesh Vatedka 

I don't know the exact solution to your ticket preview requirement but you can display as much ticket information as follows:

*Summary:* {{issue.fields.summary}}

*Reporter:* {{issue.fields.reporter.displayName}}

*Description:* {{issue.fields.description}}

And many more!

Like Aneesh Vatedka likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders