User picker Custom Field isn't showing users in Jira Advance issue Search Filter

Ashique
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 25, 2022

Hi,

I created a team-managed project named "XYZ". Then, I added a user picker custom field named "QA By" for all issue types in the project. I restricted it single user.

Now, when I go to the Filter>Advance Issue search, I can search by the "QA by" field. But when I select the "QA by" field, the "user selection dropdown" appears and it shows me suggestion of only 5 users. However, I have 15 active user in Jira.

I tried typing with different active user names excluding those 5 suggestion, but it shows "No Matches" QA by.png

Can anybody help in this regard? Thanks in Advance.

1 answer

0 votes
ChristopherChilds August 25, 2022

I think you will see that these are just Suggested Users and you can search for the users individually.

I also believe that the selection is limited by design so that you do not have an exceedingly long list if your project has over 100 members.

The following article suggests that a Drop Down (albeit for another part of Jira) has 5 users which are the most prolific. Could this be why?

JIRA picks up a list of last (maximum) 5 users that the current user has assigned issues to (say Tony, Jack, Alex, Rita, James).

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-are-the-suggestions-calculated-in-the-assignee-dropdown-292127728.html

Ashique
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 25, 2022

@ChristopherChilds yes, I searched for other users individually, but they don't appear. The dropdown shows 'no matches'

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events