Unable to update existing issue using CSV import

Alphonsa.joseph December 3, 2022

Hi Team,

I have successfully imported jira issue from one instance to another.

But when i try to edit the issues via Import CSV functionality it is getting created as new issue itself in the JIRA with new Issue Key.

In the CSV used for editing data,i have the issue key.But unable to locate the "KEY" while doing the mapping.

Would be of great help if you can guide me on this .

Thanks

Alphonsa

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2022

Hello @Alphonsa.joseph 

Welcome to the community.

The option is only available to Jira Administrators that are executing a CSV import from the System > External System Import function.

If your are a Jira Administrator make sure you are using the above option, not the Import option available on the Search screen.

If you are not a Jira Administrator, you will need to request that your Jira Administrator execute the import for you.

Vicki James
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 19, 2023

I just tried this, but no issues were imported. Here is a snippet of the resulting log

2023-12-19 16:46:34,799 INFO - Only new items will be imported
2023-12-19 16:46:34,988 INFO - Importing issue: [externalId='autoid-2241734647315097620', summary='Epic 1']
2023-12-19 16:46:36,027 INFO - 0 out of 1 issues successfully created 
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2023

Hello @Vicki James 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

To make sure your question gets maximum visibility please start a brand new post in 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/qa-p/jira-questions

If this post is relevant to you question, include a link to it.

When you add to an existing post the only people that see your update are the original author, people who responded to the post, and anybody who added themselves as watchers. So, your question is not getting much visibility.

Additionally, we need information about your scenario. Are you working in Jira Cloud? What does your input CSV file look like? Are you trying to update existing issues or import new issues?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events