The invitation email does not arrive

Jose Schmeisser Saavedra June 27, 2020

Hello,

I am inviting <email address edited out by Atlassian Support> to my work group, but the invitation email has not arrived. Can you help me? I have tried in various ways and was unable to resolve this issue.
I look forward to your prompt response.
!Hugs!

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 29, 2020

Hi Jose,

I happened to see this question and wanted to follow up with you. Our mail delivery system tried to deliver an email to this address at 2020-06-27T20:37:06+00:00 but received the following error from your domain's mail server:

550: 550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try 550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or 550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at 550 5.1.1 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=NoSuch... - gsmtp

This particular error seems to be pretty common when a new account is being set up and the mailbox hasn't been completely established before it's added as an account in Atlassian Cloud. When our mail delivery service gets hard errors like this, it creates a soft block in order to keep the receiving mail server from being overwhelmed with delivery attempts.

I've cleared out the block, so additional emails to this address should go through correctly.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2020

@Jose Schmeisser Saavedra -

e-mail on Jira Cloud works currently for me. I have subscriptions running on a daily basis. Is everyone else getting the invite e-mail. If you are the jira admin, try sending a test e-mail. Could the e-mail have been sent to junk mail?

I am the administrator of the email accounts and create a special account for this exercise. I have verified that the mail receives and sends emails, the account has no problem.
What's more, create an alias for the account and make the invitation to this alias, and if the invitation is received. But the invitation must be to the <email address edited out by Atlassian Support> account and not to the alias, so that you can accept the invitation.

Do you have rules for emails that contain the word "license" (licencia)?

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2020

@Jose Schmeisser Saavedra - I have not heard of such rules but according to another thread. the application does not send to alias. Must be sent to a primary e-mail.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/Sending-email-notifications-to-team-alias/qaq-p/711858

Jose Schmeisser Saavedra June 28, 2020

I only explain one of the many tests I have done. because I have not been able to send the invitation email to the account I need (which is not an alias)

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 28, 2020

@Jose Schmeisser Saavedra - Try sending a message via your support account to have a troubleshooting session to if there was any e-mail rejection or queuing. 

You were able to send e-mails to other e-mails as well. So, it doesn't seem like there's anything wrong with the sent mail since you were able to send to other e-mails.  Also, it doesn't seem like there is no issue with the e-mail account since you were able to send e-mails(assuming from internal and external). And you are sure that there are no rules set on the e-mail account and didn't go to junk e-mail? 

Jose Schmeisser Saavedra June 29, 2020

As a postmaster I created a new email for the purpose I needed and it worked. I appreciate the time spent helping me. A hug!

Suggest an answer