Tasks disappear from the board view but still on list.

Lindsey Morton
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 26, 2024

As the tasks are recurring eg, weekly, monthly yearly. I need to move the task back to the "Open" column when they need to be worked on again.  I am concerned that me and my team will overlook important tasks because they are not on the board

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2024

Hello @Lindsey Morton 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

First can you confirm for us the type of project with which you are working? You can get that information from the View All Projects page under the Projects menu.

Rather than moving tasks that have been completed back to Open, I would recommend that you create new tasks. You could do that manually, or you could do that using Automation Rules.

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-cloud-automation/

There are limitations to how many automation rule executions you can have in a month. How many tasks recur, and how frequently do they recur? You could have Automation Rules that automatically create a new copy of the task when the most recent task has been completed, or you could have rules that populate all the weekly, monthly, and yearly recurring tasks up front.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events