Still getting marketing spam emails despite opting out of all emails

Leo March 28, 2024

Hi 

As a startup founder and CTO I really need to make a very very efficient use of time and a spam marketing email from a strange company called appfire which i later realized is is connected through Jira through whiteboards was not a good way to do that, how can i opt out of all email marketing communication even from apps or integrations?

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2024

Hi @Leo 

Appfire is a Marketplace vendor - so it's not owned by Atlassian.

If opting out via the email isn't working, you're best to contact Appfire directly to discuss this - their contact details can be found on their Marketplace vendor page, on the right-hand side.

---

For Atlassian, you can review email and privacy preferences from here: https://preferences.atlassian.com/

Ste

Leo April 2, 2024

Thanks @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_  but since I activated the plugin on Atlassian website I would expect that the plugin adopts Atlassian default settings and if not then there should be a way for me to report to Atlassian and Atlassian can inform Appfire and thus Appfire can better troubleshoot and fix the issue right?

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2024

Hi @Leo 

They're two separate companies - you might have activated the app on an Atlassian instance, but that doesn't give Atlassian oversight into how a separate company operates.

You'll need to contact Appfire for help with emails from them.

Ste

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events