Single Level Group by Report for Components

Zahir Ismail July 18, 2018

In the Project Management type of project in JIRA, we are attempting to produce reports that illustrate the progress at a component level.

We have identified the filter to apply and the method of grouping by Component. 

When we generate the report we see a useful grouping of the issues(tasks) that belong to that Component.

However, each Component group does not list the name of the component (see yellow highlight below). 

Is this a known issue or is there a better method of viewing this ?

Kind Regards

Zahir

JIRA issue.PNG

See image of issue below

1 answer

0 votes
Michelle Rau good
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2019

Hello, I'm not sure if this will help you if you need to list the issues individually, but if you could use a summary report, you might try the Two Dimensional Filter Statistics gadget on a dashboard.

I created one where the XAxis = Status and the YAxis = Components. The result was a list of the components, in each column a number showing how many issues for each component in each status.

I would like to know how you generated your report above, if you can share, thanks.

Alain Beaulieu August 4, 2021

You can get this report by choosing 

Single Level Group By Report

in the list of reports available to a Kanban type board, then seleting one of your filters and by selecting Epic Link as the statistic type:

2021-08-04_15-04-21.png

MY problem is to configure which columns will appear on that report!

Suggest an answer