Simplest way to use JQL to check who changed the priority last?

chrisb February 18, 2021

I have an automation in place to send an email out whenever the priority status is changed by a specific user. I'm using the CHANGED BY operator on the priority field exactly how it's listed in the page with all the other operators. The only problem is this specific filter is not checking accurately to make sure it's approved person to change. It's still sending the text no matter who updates the priority status. 

Also, if it's possible, all of these users are in a specific group for this purpose. I could use the group ID here instead of a bunch of user IDs and OR operators but I'll obviously go with whatever works.

Here's a screenshot of my current logic. Is there a better way that I could be doing this?

logicblocks.png

3 answers

1 vote
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2021

Hi @chrisb ,

please, look at the condition, which is called "User condition".

You should be able to select here: "User who triggered the event" and do some sort for check for him (is some user, is in some group etc.)

0 votes
Sherry Goyal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 18, 2021

Hello @chrisb ,

I do have a way to suggest.

Use this smart value

{{initiator}} 

which tells user who triggered this event and use it with User Condition

Hope this help!

Cheers
Sherry

0 votes
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 18, 2021

Hi chrisb and Welcome,

Sadly CHANGED BY operator search within the whole issue history and not just the last change made, so for any issue where user 557058... have already changed the priority the IF closure will be always be true regardless if someone else is actually editing the priority field.

As far as I know, there is not way to make CHANGED BY operator to search just for the last change instead of the while issue history.

Regards

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events