Search issues has a filter set

Sarah Burrell September 1, 2022

When we click in the Search area , choose Go to Issues - this should return all issues

but

it has a sub filter set on a date range 

I cannot see how this has been set / overridden

Sarah

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

What exactly do you mean by "search area"?  The only place that has a "sub-filter" is a Kanban board's configuration settings, which isn't a search thing.  So I'm not understanding what you are looking at.

When you click the main search window at the top of the screen or type "/"   it pops up with a section and you can "go to "  issues, projects etc

When i go to issues , its now running with some filters set    Previous it showed All Issues   and then you could filter

jira search.png

that shows the main search area >  top  right

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2022

Ah, I see, you're using the menu to go to the search.

This is simply remembering the last search you ran, rather than giving you an empty canvas.

Is there anyway to change this to a default ?

Actually when i run a search,  change the criteria and run a new search, then go back to the menu, its going back to the one before as the default

its not remembering the last search i ran

Sarah Burrell September 2, 2022

Do you see the same filter set ?  I wonder if its new on the Jira platform ?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events